Workforce Scheduling Analyst
The Workforce Scheduling Analyst for the Patient Support Center (Call Center) focuses on the analysis and forecasting of call center trends, including multichannel contact volumes, the tracking and reporting of call activity patterns, staff productivity and the planning of resource allocation. The PSC WFM Analyst will work with multiple skill groups/sets and priority queues within the PSC to accurately forecast contact volumes, average handle times, shrinkage, productivity and staffing requirements while maximizing agent utilization. The PSC WFM Analyst analyzes historical center and agent performance, generates forecasts, schedules staffing plans that meet business unit goals and objectives and manages all intra-day activities.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Have 4 or more years of experience with contact center operations, including experience with contact center tools, metrics, and reporting systems such as Cisco Unified Intelligence Center, Avaya, Genesys, Nice Workforce Management (IEX), Nice Webstation, and/or AspectExperience
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Experience with the implementation, utilization and support of a WFM system including forecasting & scheduling, as well as application maintenance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including advanced statistical and worksheet functions in Excel)
- Experience with call center terminology and functions
- Continuous improvement mindset of evaluating existing processes to find operational efficiencies
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Commitment to Adelante Healthcares mission, vision, and values
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) years of experience in community health
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Assists in the implementation of the WFM system within the organization to enable effective management of forecasting, staffing, working patterns and the provision of efficient schedules for agents that meet both employee and business needs
- Takes ownership over the forecasting and scheduling cycle, from generating forecasts and constructing initial schedule bids to performing the weekly, daily and intra-day schedule adjustments
- Analyzes and reports historical data and trends
- Develops forecast models for call volume, handle time, headcount, attrition, PTO, sick trends and other planning assumptions
- Produces various schedule scenarios to arrive at the optimum operational coverage with the lowest cost and highest quality of schedules
- Prepares and manages day-to-day staffing schedules to ensure optimal coverage and queue efficiency
- Manages the shift bidding, trial schedules and schedule adjustment processes
- Manages the time off process for the call center agents
- Responsible for managing intra-day activities like the optimization of breaks, lunches, team meetings, training and coaching session scheduling to enhance staffing levels
- Forecasts the long-term and short-term headcount requirements at a site and network level for budget planning and service level coverage
- Plans for future staffing needs based on call pattern trend analysis and key developments that affect staffing levels
- Tracks the level of manpower with the staff budgets to ensure costs are on target
- Analyzes the performance of the forecasting and scheduling tools and ensures the implementation of process improvements
- Creates various reports, including headcount, attendance, call center productivity, schedule adherence and ad hoc reports, to support management in achieving the department goals
- Administers the WFM application
- Acts as a primary PSC contact for issues relating to the WFM application and processes
- Helps drive innovation and continuous improvement in WFM and related business processes
- Works cooperatively with other members of the Patient Support Center team to manage projects by setting expectations and priorities, interacting with decision-makers and making sure all agreed upon deliverables are met according to project timeline commitments
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.