Womens Health Nurse (RN) - Mesa
In this position, the Womens Health Nurse (RN) participates as a member of the health care team in delivering quality health care to patients. The Womens Health Nurse (RN) provides a variety of nursing services both in person and by phone utilizing the nursing process and leadership skills to address acute and chronic needs of patients. The Nurse works collaboratively with the care team under the direction of the physician and WHNPs.
Every Adelante Healthcare employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of AZ or Nurse Licensure Compact
- Two or more years RN experience preferred
- Previous OB/GYN experience highly preferred
- Previous Outpatient experience preferred
- Current BLS
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical methods and techniques
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with clients, associates, and the general public
- Basic business English, spelling, and punctuation skills
- Basic computer efficiency
- Valid AZ driver's license
- Commitment to Adelante Healthcare's mission, vision, and values
- Competency in dealing with people of various cultures and social status
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
Health Care Delivery
- Reports to the Director of Nursing
- Provide specialized and comprehensive antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum nursing care to normal to high-risk obstetrics patients.
- Provides comprehensive, family-centered nursing care to mothers, babies, and families during antepartum and postpartum periods and to gynecologic patients, including surgical patients during pre-and postoperative periods.
- Coordinates scheduling gynecologic surgical procedures and interfaces with designated hospitals to ensure seamless care for gynecologic patients.
- Reviews lab results, accurately recognize abnormal diagnostic values, interprets their significance, and follows through with the appropriate provider.
- Helps Medical Assistants as needed with rooming patients and assisting providers during examinations and procedures.
- Performs complete clinical documentation in a timely, accurate, and concise manner.
- Maintains confidentiality by communicating patient information only to health care workers involved in the patient's care in an appropriate manner.
- Identifies, assesses, and diagnoses problems through patient assessment and interactions; and evaluates actual or potential patient health problems.
- Assesses plans and implements interventions for solving patient care problems.
- Formulates care plans for specific patients and documents the nursing process in the patient's record.
- Evaluates patient response to interventions and modify plan of care as needed to achieve health care goals.
- Develops and participates in educating patients, their families, or significant others about post-discharge care programs.
- Initiates patient care meetings with the health care team to revise the care plan as the patient's condition warrants.
- Assist with the collection of patient/family data
- Documents current medications, allergies, and other information per practice protocol with 100% accuracy
- Prepares patient for examination
- Administers medication as directed by physician or WHNP
- Provides patient/family education as instructed by the physician or WHNP
- Assesses patient's eligibility for referral by verifying coverage with payer prior to initiating referral
- Reviews patient EMR for prescribed medication indication/history
- Confirms medication prescription to ensure it is the right medication, dosage, and frequency
- Reviews allergies/changes in medical history
- Contacts patient to schedule appointment if required for a refill
- Completes refill request in EMR
- Notifies patient when indicated
- Administer approved medications
- Communicates any quality control issues, proficiency issues, and/or instrument failures to department leadership
- Assures compliance with regulatory requirements, i.e., CLIA, OSHA, and JCAHO
Quality Management/Risk Management
- Demonstrate evidence of continuing professional growth by involvement in quality improvement programs and the participation in peer review, medical record audits, continuing education, and the review of protocols and procedures
- Review results of utilization and quality monitoring and participate in the analysis of services
- Communicate necessary information to the Regional Medical Director concerning operations and suggestions for improvement
- Be knowledgeable and adhere to all policies and procedures related to client services.
- Assure compliance with rules and regulations as set forth by the Department of Health and Human Services and other contracted health care plans
- Represent Adelante Healthcare (AHC) if requested in groups addressing the health care needs of the community
- Participate in the planning and development of new programs and services by identifying specific community health needs and programs to meet those needs
- Assist individuals and the community in assuming responsibility for the prevention of illness and the promotion, maintenance, and restoration of health
- Act as a liaison and address community groups regarding AHC and its' services, as requested
- Understand your role in the Disaster Plan and that safety is a condition of employment.
- Participate in other activities such as health fairs, classes, and community events
- Attend monthly provider meetings and combined staff meetings
- Participate and complete all required training
- Demonstrate skills and behaviors consistent with Language of Caring
- Contribute to the training and proficiencies of clinical personnel, including medical students, in a culturally competent capacity. Work with the staff in a positive and constructive manner
- Promote collegial relationships with other clinical staff and providers in the community
- Provide coverage for other Adelante sites when necessary
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Three (3) years of experience in community health
- Bilingual - English/Spanish
- Electronic Health Records
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned by the Regional Medical Director or Chief Medical Officer
Patience-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic areas.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.