WIC Receptionist/CNE Float - Goodyear
Primarily responsible for greeting and supporting client services regarding WIC policies and procedures. Answer and routes all incoming calls for clinics. Responsible for certifying and pre-certifying clients applying for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infant and Children (WIC). Counseling clients about the WIC program and determining needs, and facilitation of all other nutrition related programs and coordinates with stakeholders.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Professional customer service
- Scheduling appointments/ managing walk-in clients
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Office applications and relevant program-related applications
- Competency in working with people of various cultures
- Evidence of reliable transportation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Prioritization and multi-task skills are required
- Bilingual English and Spanish strongly preferred
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Answer calls, take messages, and direct calls appropriately.
- Demonstrate efficient use of the HANDs System to schedule and reschedule appointments, enroll clients, and obtain income documentation.
- Order office supplies for the WIC Program as requested.
- Able to manage a wide range of administrative tasks and projects
- Responsible for the organization and appearance of several areas throughout the office.
- Conduct health appraisals and nutritional assessment accurately; including height, weight, hemoglobin, dietary assessment and medical history, and record appropriately in the web-based WIC Hands software program
- Utilize critical thinking skills to determine specific nutrition counseling, lactation management and/or complications, and monitor progress. Refer high risk clients to registered dietitian
- Complete required documentation to support eligibility or ineligibility for Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Issue appropriate drafts and complete issuance, with all required documentation and signatures
- Provide appropriate education, counseling and referrals to clients and documentation of doing so
- Assume responsibility for routine office matters: see clients, phone, filing, and Manages basic customer service complaints before it escalates to the Regional Coordinator
- Travel to other sites as requested/needed
- Conduct hemoglobin testing as stated in ADHS policy and procedures
- Other duties as may be requested or assigned, including assisting the WIC Program Regional Coordinator and/or Site Leader with other projects
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 60013