WIC Outreach/Retention Supervisor
The WIC Outreach/Retention Supervisor is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating outreach and promotion activities for Adelante Healthcare WIC. Primarily responsible for the management of retention specialist, remote staff, outreach staff, and quality assurance. Utilize internal reports to retain eligible participants that are not currently participating on the WIC program.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Four (4) year college degree in Nutrition or Education preferred AND three (3) years’ experience in clinical or community nutrition program support, including greater than two (2) years’ experience in staff supervision
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Strong familiarity with the Valley
- Knowledge and experience in working with people of various cultures and social status
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a love for interacting with people
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Valid AZ driver’s license and current insurance
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Provide orientation and training for remote staff. Provide staffing for vacant positions as needed. When no other coverage is available, provide personal coverage
- Assign work tasks, assure coverage for breaks, meals, meeting, absences, and coordinate vacation scheduling
- Develop, implement, and monitor outreach efforts as per AZ WIC policy and procedures.
- Establish and develop relationships with local businesses, apartment complexes, churches, resource centers, service clubs, nonprofits, etc. in the assigned communities.
- Attend community events, classes and presentations as needed to engage with the target population to build trust and encourage engagement.
- Prepare and/or reproduce reports, forms, correspondence, and other material as generated by leadership.
- Collaborate and work in partnership internally with Adelante Marketing team.
- Document outreach and retention activities on a timely manner, uses data to help with internal process.
- Explain the WIC program, the eligible population, income qualifications, and services provided such as referrals to Adelante Healthcare, nutrition education, community resources, nutritious foods, and breastfeeding.
- Plan and implement WIC outreach and promotion programs using evidence-based recommendations; formulates measurable program outcomes and selects strategies.
- Analyze available data to assess community needs and identify opportunities for targeted WIC outreach through partnerships and events.
- Partner with local healthcare providers to promote WIC referrals and facilitate programmatic information sharing.
- Develop and facilitate relationships among community agencies; organizes in-service training programs and provides presentations for healthcare providers, community service agencies, and other interested personnel.
- Coordinate planning, implementation, and evaluation of outreach events to build WIC presence and improve WIC’s reputation in the community.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of outreach; develops plans to assess achievement of goals and objectives; monitors success through evaluations; establishes various methods for distribution of promotional materials.
- Communicate program and partnership needs, concerns, and resources to WIC administration.
- Maintain a working relationship with the KCHD Communications team to select best methods and media to implement program outreach plans, coordinating messaging with media, radio, television, newspaper; designs and prepares brochures, bulletins, and news releases; plans and prepares materials for special projects.
- Serve as a resource person for the WIC office; analyzes requests for information; serves as a contact on public health concerns to staff, community, professional, faith-based, training, and civic groups.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.