WIC Community Nutrition Educator Float - Mesa
Primarily responsible for enrolling persons applying for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC). Provides follow-up, monitoring and nutrition education to WIC clients. Promotes and supports breastfeeding, refers to appropriate community resource. Travel is required as needed.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Documented excellence in customer service with ability to interact with and instruct clients from beginner to advanced levels
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Office applications and relevant program-related applications
- Competency in working with people of various cultures
- Evidence of valid Arizona drivers license and current auto insurance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Prioritization and multi-task skills are required
- Travel to multiple locations required
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Four (4) year college degree in Nutrition OR Registration as a Dietetic Technician with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or equivalent experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience as an Advocate for Health Care or Human Rights
- Fluency in a language in addition to English (Spanish preferred)
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Conduct health appraisals and nutritional assessment accurately; including height, weight, hemoglobin, dietary assessment and medical history, and record appropriately in the web-based AIM software program
- Utilize critical thinking skills to determine specific nutrition counseling, lactation management and/or complications, and monitor progress. Refer high risk clients to registered dietitian
- Complete required documentation to support eligibility or ineligibility for Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Issue appropriate drafts and complete issuance, with all required documentation and signatures
- Provide appropriate education, counseling and referrals to clients and documentation of doing so
- Assume responsibility for routine office matters: see clients, phone, filing, and schedule appointments, maintain security for files and drafts, transfer paperwork, submit reports on time, clean and maintain laboratory to meet standards
- Manages basic customer service complaints before it escalates to the Regional Coordinator
- Travel to other Sites as requested/needed
- Correctly collect specimens, perform testing, and processes as indicated.
- Other duties as may be requested or assigned, including assisting the WIC Program Regional Coordinator and/or Site Leader with other projects
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.