Training Coordinator (part-time/24 hours) - Goodyear
The Training Coordinator is primarily responsible for training and development of technology or clinical systems for staff across the organization. Focus of role in related to one area of emphasis such as clinical training or systems training. Staff will be trained in standards performed within the scope of their role including software application, customer service, or if clinical - direct clinical skills. The Training Coordinator will also be responsible for assessing skills and delivering training and recommendations for ongoing training if warranted as well as communication of these recommendations to the respective manager. The Training Coordinator is also available for assessment of systems or if clinical - clinical skills during the interview process. Will serve as a subject matter expert for systems skills and if clinical clinical skills within scope of role and providing input and knowledge resources into other skills and roles as applicable.
Every Adelante Healthcare employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and team building skills required
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment. Organized, able to prioritize and work independently
- Ability to speak in a clear and understandable manner and write legibly
- Prior training, coaching and monitoring experience is required and proven ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with clients, associates, and patients
- Ability to conduct and facilitate training courses
- Professional written communication skills
- Advanced computer applications, including Microsoft Office, and the ability to accurately type a minimum of 40 wpm
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments requiring moderate exercise of independent judgment
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position
- Evidence of valid Arizona driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- Design and deliver complex training programs in a variety of settings, including but not limited to classroom, hands-on, and computer-based training.
- Systems and Clinical curriculum development Assist with developing a teaching model incorporating evidence based best practices to ensure that our staff has learned proper techniques to improve safety and quality of patient care; Creates and produces course materials and documentation using outside resources as needed to foster learning and skill development.
- Execute the development, implementation and revisions of customer service training and education initiatives.
- If providing clinical training Basic Life Support training and renewal of clinical staff utilizing the American Heart Association methods.
- Assess trainee performance and gives appropriate feedback and recommendations to department Supervisors or Site Leaders; provide continual communication associated with quality performance
- Notify respective Management of any persistent problems associated with individual performance or procedures that require enhancement
- Facilitate external resources as needed to develop and/or deliver new learning and skill development
- Work with management team to design performance reports that can lead to actionable improvements in department and staff performance
- Monitor and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of training, assessment and outcomes of courses delivered
- Using results of evaluations and observations, recommend either additional training for staff or modification of procedures to increase efficiency, effectiveness or standardization
- Assist with competency development and evaluation tool creation
- Act as role model for staff
- Assist in policy and procedure development and revision related to role
- Deliver remediation training as identified by health center management
- Raise awareness when quality standards fall below target levels, provide detailed analyses of the root causes and suggest options for corrective actions
- Provide formal training sessions for employees, and annually conduct competency evaluation per organizational standards and recommendations
- Major responsibilities and expectations may fluctuate as AHC needs arise from the call center and health centers and center support office
- Assist with site reviews and audits for compliance and quality measures
- If systems focused - Create and maintain NextGen/QSI e-Learning accounts
- Maintain knowledge base and current awareness on clinical applications and relevant policies
- If systems focused - Understand workflow and clinical processes that computing applications are intended to assist/facilitate
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Experience using NextGen EHR
- Experience using NextGen EPM
- Experience using NextGen Document Manager
- Experience using NextGen QSI Dental
- Experience using Dentrix
- CPR Instructor
- Knowledge of Joint Commission accreditation standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Education, or related field
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
Patience-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.