The Security Technician under the direction of management, this role provides technical support in the area of cybersecurity and the application of tools and processes required to protect cyber assets and its user community. This role performs network and system risk management support activities, including monitoring firewall logs and network activity for unusual or concerning behavior. May assist with analyzing and troubleshooting network traffic and performance issues and reports or escalates issues to management as required. The Security Technician helps maintain existing security related tools and systems and provides technical assistance to users and others in the organization.
Every Adelante Healthcare employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree in computer science, cybersecurity or business discipline OR equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience, OR related certification required
- Familiarity with software or hardware including design, configuration, training or implementing applications required.
- Evidence of valid Arizona drivers license and current auto insurance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and perform in a responsible ethical manner
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- Monitors firewall and other relevant security logs to review for threats, anomalies, intrusions and/or abnormal connection behavior. Investigates, reports and escalates issues as required to staff and management.
- Troubleshoots network performance or network security issues. Analyzes network traffic, responds to problem tickets and resolves service requests.
- Participates in incident response, computer forensics, data preservation and investigations related to network breaches and/or unauthorized access of data.
- Supports regular and special reporting and analysis, including reports of vulnerabilities, risks, control deficiencies, remediation strategies, and performance metrics.
- Configures and tests security related technologies. Troubleshoots and corrects security and data related problems.
- Performs hardware and software upgrades and documents configurations and system specifications.
- Helps maintain configuration records and documentation, including security operations and maintenance, incident control, cyber incident response procedures, and other standards, policies, and procedures.
- Provides security related technical support to users and assists with the research, testing, evaluation, and implementation of security tools, systems, and processes.
- Assists with risk and compliance management and strategy through application of policies conforming with security frameworks.
- Reviews external threat intelligence feeds from cybersecurity agencies; sends alerts and coordinates with responsible parties to patch high risk vulnerabilities.
- Maintains, monitors, and modifies security tools, systems and processes according to standard and department policies and procedures, and automates wherever feasible.
- Supports the implementation of effective key service platforms, including on-premises physical and virtual cloud environments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Any certifications relating to software applications, technology infrastructure and or cybersecurity frameworks are an advantage
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project or similar applications
- Familiarity with security tools such as CrowdStrike and Extrahop preferred.
- Healthcare information technology/security operations experience preferred.
- Experience with clinical or business workflow analysis for the development of electronic solutions with assigned application preferred.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
Patience-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 62323