Safety and Clinical Risk Analyst
The Safety and Clinical Risk Analyst will help support initiatives related to safety and clinical risks. This position will work to create a culture that supports reporting risks, incidents, and issues concerning patients, staff safety, and overall quality. This position works with the Senior Safety and Clinical Risk Analyst and Manager.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED from and accredited institute
- Graduation from an accredited medical assistant program (preferred) or certificate in a healthcare-related field
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of regulatory agency requirements including Joint Commission, HRSA, OSHA, and AZDHS
- Ability to critically analyze safety situations and respond accordingly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, privacy, and security of protected information
- Ability to draft analytic reports integrating multiple data elements and perspectives
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and SharePoint
- Knowledge of SBAR, CQI, RCA, ACA, Process Mapping, and PDSA methodology
- Ability to travel to health centers and community event locations on a frequent basis
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- Comply with the organizations immunization requirements
- Valid Arizona drivers license and automobile insurance
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Fluency in a language in addition to English a plus (Spanish preferred)
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
- Keep abreast of regulatory agency requirements and provide Adelante Healthcare with updates on current regulatory requirements and changes
- Ensures data backup for SDS Software System in collaboration with Senior Safety and Clinical Risk analyst
- Contributes to Quality and Safety Committee preparation through collaboration with Senior Safety and Clinical Risk Analysts
- Participates in RCA, ACA, Fishbone, FMEA, Process Mapping, and other safety and clinical risk-focused activities
- Participates in Safety Rounds at the health centers
- Participates in providing education on safety and clinical risks
- Works with the Safety and Clinical Risk Manager to create and implement action plans
- Creates analytic reports and presents data at weekly, monthly, and quarterly meetings
- Successfully completes NAHQ introductory course within first 6 months of employment
- Participates in the quarterly risk assessment process to improve patient care and services
- Works independently under the guidance of the Safety and Clinical Risk Manager
- Other projects as requested by the Safety and Clinical Risk Manager
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the healthcare system. Employees should maintain an environment that supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures, and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, bloodborne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep the job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be provided if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.