Retention and Engagement Manager
The Retention & Engagement Manager serves as a knowledgeable resource to employees across all levels of the organization on human resources-related issues. This position is responsible for managing and facilitating programs and processes related to employee engagement, employee relations, benefits, recognition, and retention. Supports and encourages employees through transitions in role, employment, life events, and organizational change.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Studies, Business, or other related field
- Two (2) to five (5) years’ experience supporting Human Resources initiatives including employee engagement, employee relations, on-boarding/off-boarding, benefits administration, and recognition
- Certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) by the HR Certification Institute (HCRI) and/or Society for Human Resource Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) is preferred
- Prior experience working as a Human Resources Generalist or in a Business Partner capacity is preferred
- Experience investigating and resolving employee concerns and complaints
- Demonstrated excellence in employee relations with ability to collaborate cross-functionally with managers, supervisors, and administrative staff
- Experience with management of a total rewards strategy (including benefits plan administration and recognition)
- Proficiency in State and Federal regulatory requirements surrounding employee relations, separation, engagement, recognition, benefits, FSLA, FMLA, ADA, EEOC, EOE, and other relevant policies and practices
- Proficiency in use of current Microsoft Office applications and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Competency in working with people of various cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments requiring considerable exercise of independent judgment
- Evidence of valid Arizona driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance card or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Prioritization and multi-task skills are required
- Manage and facilitate engagement and recognition programs and events aimed at the development and retention of employees at all levels
- Work collaboratively with managers and supervisors on employee relations issues and HR initiatives, and provide support and guidance in accordance with organizational policies and values
- Investigate and resolve employee concerns and complaints in partnership with, and under guidance of, Senior Retention & Engagement Manager
- Serve as knowledgeable resource regarding employee benefits and benefits administration, and support benefits and total rewards processes and initiatives including but not limited to annual open enrollment, qualifying events, reconciliation reports, ADA, FMLA and leave of absence process, Trip Reduction Program, Unemployment Insurance, and others
- Provide support and guidance to employees as needed, and partner with leaders to ensure coaching and corrective action is implemented in a timely, consistent, and equitable manner
- Guide and support leaders on drafting of corrective action and coaching documentation
- Conduct and facilitate employee surveys and feedback sessions including exit interviews, stay interviews, pulse checks, and others
- Assure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Identify risks or opportunities and recommend changes to processes which improve the delivery of HR services to the organization
- Travel to health clinic sites periodically is required
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Paycom, ADP, UKG/Kronos, Workday or similar HRIS
- Fluency in a language in addition to English (Spanish preferred)
- Experience in Human Resources in a multi-site environment or experience in Human Resources supporting an employee population of over 500
- Experience managing or facilitating employee benefits programs
- Desire and interest in serving as an advocate for health care, human rights, and DE&I initiatives
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.