Registered Dietitian - Mesa
This on-site outpatient Registered Dietitian will be responsible for assessing the nutritional status and developing evidence-based nutrition care plans for patients across the lifespan with various conditions including but not limited to Type 2 diabetes, hyperlipidemia, hypertension, metabolic syndrome, and weight management. This individual will work collaboratively with the PCMH interdisciplinary team in an ambulatory care setting. Will work with Health Educator Nurses and Medical Assistants to provide targeted focus to UDS quality improvement for BMI. This position is essential to Adelante’s team-based primary
care medical home model of care that supports coordinated, patient-centered, comprehensive health care to all.
Every Adelante Healthcare employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four (4) year college degree in Dietetics or nutrition-related degree and preferred two (2) years experience in community or clinical nutrition education programs or completion of a dietetic internship with RD/RDN credentials
- Must hold current credentials as a Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona
Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- Documented excellence in customer service with the ability to interact with and instruct employees and clients from beginner to advanced levels
- Demonstrated competency in nutrition education methods and techniques
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Office applications and relevant program-related applications
- Competency in working with people of various cultures
- Experience with motivational interviewing
- Evidence of valid Arizona driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Prioritization and multitasking skills are required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred
- Travel to multiple locations may be requested
- Uses the nutrition care process to provide a comprehensive nutrition assessment of the patient’s nutritional needs, suggests appropriate nutrition therapy interventions, and documents nutrition care plan in the electronic health record
- Provides nutrition education and health promotion to clients and others from the different grants/programs as well as preventative strategies to the Health Education team
- Clearly communicates and coordinates relevant patient information amongst the care team and treating clinicians to maintain proper patient care plans.
- Evaluates and educates patients on the use of nutrition-related medications, dietary supplements, and drug-nutrient interactions
- Develop, write, and review written nutrition related patient education materials as well as educational guidelines for nutrition and preventive health promotion services according to the local standard care plan
- Educate staff on nutrition education guidelines, as needed
- Refers to appropriate interprofessional team members, resources, or programs as needed
- Assist in the completion of appropriate reports as required
- Conduct quality assurance according to federal guidelines
- May develop relationships with external healthcare organizations and facilities in efforts to find additional resources
- Work collaboratively with clinical teams in data collection, health outcomes reporting, clinical audits, and programmatic evaluation
- Help evaluate clinical care, utilization of resources, and development of new clinical tools, forms, and procedures
- May provide telehealth education using landline/Jabber soft phone, or Zoom used via desktop, or personal mobile device
- Attend trainings, and conferences for continued professional development
- Uses excellent customer service and communication skills
- Other duties as may be required or assigned
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.