The Purchasing Manager coordinates the procurement process of Adelante Healthcare to promote timely and accurate purchasing of goods and services. Manages the routing of purchase requisitions for order placement as well as expediting of orders, returns, and other customer requests. Prepares service level metrics and interpretations. Supports Procurement leadership in efforts to increase operational and transactional efficiencies. Identifies training opportunities and coordinates efforts with the training department for the organization including field-related needs.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred AND greater than three (3) years’ experience in general purchasing roles
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service with ability to interact with and instruct colleagues from beginner to advanced levels
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Office applications and accounting software
- Demonstrated proficiency with generally accepted accounting procedures
- Working knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements surrounding purchasing, reporting, and other fundamentals required for the position
- Competency in working with people of various cultures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Prioritization and multi-task skills are required
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- Responsible for the purchase of all organizational materials and services including medical/office supplies and IT equipment. Make recommendations for selection of vendors based on results of competitive bidding procedures. Assure purchasing documents are completed correctly and that terms and conditions are appropriate.
- Perform regular audits of all ordered merchandise. Develop system of monitoring and receiving feedback from departments on ability to deliver requests on a timely basis (e.g. customer satisfaction surveys).
- Review and approve/disapprove all Purchase requisitions within the scope of his/her authority, refers others to the Director of Support Services and or designee.
- Assure department records are maintained and purchases are expedited when required. Department records include price histories to provide information on price variances.
- Meet with vendors and attend vendor sponsored events when directed.
- Evaluate vendor quotes and services to determine most cost-effective selection. Prepare requests for proposal (RFP) as required.
- Prepare site budget comparisons and monitor expenditures.
- Maintain accurate price and cost lists of pharmaceuticals and consumable supplies and maintain inventory control. Coordinate and participate in the annual capital asset and supply inventory.
- Develop and revise procedures for purchasing and maintaining inventory on all supplies and services
- Observe and comply with all company policies
- Other duties as may be assigned, including travel to other sites as needed
- Ensures purchase requests conform to AHC policies, procedures, standards, and approval authority levels
- Manages the day-to-day procurement operations to ensure optimal processing and efficient placement of purchase orders, confirmations, returns, resolution of invoice discrepancies (e.g., variance processing, correct pricing), and expediting of orders when necessary
- Supports the integration of AHC procurement processes into the organization
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.