Patient Experience Advocate Analyst
The Patient Experience Advocate Analyst will support patient experience initiatives. This position will work to create and maintain a culture that supports reporting patient experience concerns and overall quality. This position will collaborate with the Compliance Director and the Safety and Clinical Risk Manager to support strategies to ensure optimal patient experience and quality of care.
Every Adelante Healthcare employee will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of two(2) years’ experience in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of regulatory agency requirements including, but not limited to, Joint Commission, OSHA, HRSA and AZDHS
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, privacy and security of protected health information
- Ability to analyze and report on data including trends related to patient satisfaction and care
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and SharePoint
- Ability to navigate the electronic health record
- Effectively communicate with patients, patient’s family members, senior leadership and staff
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment
- Evidence of valid Arizona driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Administrative Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to obtain patient survey reports
- Create and review the patient survey report and prioritize patient follow up calls
- Escalate clinical care concerns to the practice administrator or designee
- Conduct follow-up calls to the identified patients based on survey responses
- Enter incident management cases as needed
- Mail, document and track all patient Level1 Warning and Level 2 Disengagement letters
- Manage and track the patient experience email and telephone extension
- Identify and resolve patient concerns by clarifying the patient’s complaint, determining the root cause, selecting and explain the best solution, expediting correction and following up to ensure resolution
- Data Analysis:
- Create Reports for internal and external clients
- Collaborate with others to collect and analyze data
- Review patient survey reports and analyze for trends and strengths
- Work with business leaders to identify opportunities for improvement
- Use graphs, spreadsheets, infographics and other methods to visualize data
- Assist with preparing and presenting reports related to patient safety, experience, and satisfaction
- Participate in workgroups to improve patient experience and satisfaction
- Act as an ambassador for AHC in creating a positive experience for our patients
- Communicate with external business and government agencies such as the attorney generals office, AZDHS, and various payer plans as needed
- Travel to different health centers required
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Excellent customer service
- Passion for patient experience and satisfaction
- Fluency or proficiency in Spanish preferred
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work independently under the guidance of the Safety and Clinical Risk Manager
- Other projects as requested by the Safety and Clinical Risk Manager
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment that supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
ADHERENCE TO COMPLIANCE AND CODE OF CONDUCT
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures, and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, bloodborne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.