Network Administrator II
Implements, documents, upgrades, monitors, administers, and improves network, telecommunications, telepresence systems and connectivity. This position also performs network and telecommunications/telepresence health checks and monitoring, security audits, as well as ensuring quality of service. In addition, provides 2nd-tier support for Network Administrators and Engineers where applicable.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or related field AND two (2) years experience providing related information technology services; OR, six (6)years experience providing related information technology services; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery of tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to six months of experience.
- Experience and understanding of network topologies and infrastructure in a multi-site, multi-VLAN, WAN environment
- Experience with VOIP administration, installation, configuration, products, and services
- Experience in Network security methods and firewalling
- Experience with TCP/IP, WAN/LAN wired/wireless/endpoint network device configurations and routing
- Experience with Cisco router and gateway configuration and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated experience inter-networking systems and sites
- Familiarity with multiple network routing protocols
- Demonstrated experience in documenting systems, services, and topology using text and diagrams
- Demonstrated clear and effective systems, procedural, and user documentation creation and maintenance
- Evidence of valid Arizona drivers license and current auto insurance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Prioritization and multi-task skills are required
- Commitment to Adelante Healthcare mission, vision, and values
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or other technical field
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) or equivalent certification
- Experience configuring and administering a Cisco-based PBX
- Experience configuring and administering Cisco Telepresence environments
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Specifies, acquires, installs, configures and administers wired/wireless network, communications and telepresence equipment
- Administer and facilitate telephony and telepresence management and services
- Optimizes and manages communications security and performance
- Analyze changes in software and hardware issued by manufacturer or vendor and determine impact on existing network, network design, operating standards, and operating procedures. Recommend new systems software, hardware, and services to provide networking and communications solutions for business needs. Review vendor reports and/or visit vendors to observe demonstration of network and communications technologies. Coordinate the processing of testing procedures for new and modified systems and configurations
- Review network and communications logs and alerts for corrective actions and/or modifications
- Performing systems monitoring, log analysis, security, backups, and disaster recovery
- Develop with Network Coordinator and administer network and communications rights schemas, quotas, and restrictions. Ensure safeguards to eliminate viruses, Trojans, worms, malware, service attacks, and intrusions
- Maintain current knowledge with new and existing network and communications software, hardware, and methodologies to ensure productivity, capability, and return on investment
- Respond to network issues for staff. Identify problems and coordinate appropriate corrective action
- Analyze communications business needs presented by user community and/or clients and recommend technical solutions
- Act as liaison with 3rd party contracted vendor for all network support, outage response, project planning and project implementation.
- Participate on internal task teams, such as Long Range Planning, Short Range Planning. Represent the IT function at review meetings as requested. Participate in programs regarding technical support issues, product offerings, etc.
- Analyzes future needs for acquisition, disposal, or reuse
- Maintain and update disaster recovery procedures to ensure recovery and business continuity
- Produce detailed time line for each installation or modification and implement effective project control by monitoring the progress of the installation or configuration and reporting the status
- Provide cross-training with peers
- Develops and writes procedures for installation, use and solving problems for network and communications systems
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
- Manage workflow with AHC ticketing system
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive to multiple company locations to perform duties
- Utilize cell phone for business communications
- Additional duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.