Medical Staff Services Specialist
Adelante Healthcare is seeking a Medical Staff Services Specialist to join our team! The Medical Staff Services Specialist primarily is responsible for new provider enrollment and credentialing by preparing and submitting credentialing applications and documentation for the purpose of enrolling providers with payers. This position ensures current providers maintain credentialing and active eligibility in order to provide services and ensure that applicable standards and regulations are monitored. The Medical Staff Services Specialist also supports for students rotations.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution, four (4) year college degree preferred
- 2+ years hospital credentialing and provider experience required
- Professional and effective oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage priorities; meet critical deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word and proprietary database applications
- Attention to detail, objectivity and accurate documentation skills
- Excellent customer service orientation with the ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with providers, payers, staff and leadership.
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) years of experience in community health
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Create, facilitate and track completion of clinician applications for payers to ensure timely credentialing and enrollment.
- Process credentialing and re-credentialing applications of licensed and credentialed staff
- Identify, obtain, verify and maintain database with up to date provider information
- Acts as primary contact for internal and external customers for administrative matters associated with credentialing
- Process and track licensed and certified staff credentialing/re-credentialing
- Back-up coverage of duties performed by Associate Medical Staff Services Specialist
- Assist in onboarding new providers
- Works with National Health Service Core to process verifications
- Work with hospital partners on privileging for providers
- Partner with schools for student rotation processing/onboarding/follow-up
For immediate consideration, apply today!
Job Status: Full Time