Medical Call Center Scheduler
The medical patient support representative is primarily responsible for providing excellent customer service by assisting patients over the phone with scheduling, relaying medical information and/or medical information requests. Responsible for creating a caring and receptive patient environment while promoting an effective and efficient scheduling process. Responsive to patients’ needs via telephone. This position will be based out of our beautiful Center Support Office located at 3033 N. Central Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85012.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Exceptional communication skills and professional presence
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, and the general public both in person and over the phone
- Minimum 6 months’ experience in the health care field OR minimum of 1 year or more experience in the customer service field
- Previous call center experience strongly preferred
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments requiring some exercise of independent judgment
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Basic office skills: typing, faxing, scanning and telephone
- Basic computer efficiency
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Commitment to Adelante Healthcare’s mission, vision, and values
- Ability to work a varied schedule
- Part time and full time opportunities available
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Must have great phone etiquette
- Ensure patient needs and requests are handled efficiently by performing telephonic patient scheduling
- Schedule patient initial and follow up appointments ensuring efficient use of provider time and the appropriate care for patients
- Perform patient pre-registration including accessing and updating patient information as indicated
- Perform data entry and appointment confirmation
- Maintain schedule accuracy for maximum patient flow
- Follow established procedures for answering and screening incoming appointment-related telephone calls, scheduling interpreters, and directing calls to appropriate staff
- Maintain effective communication with office staff and providers in all of the health centers as needed
- Attend staff meetings, in-service meetings, or other required meetings
- Maintains good attendance, is punctual and works full scheduled shift
- Demonstrates respectful, professional and appropriate behavior that supports a team oriented work environment
- Technology skills to include proficiency in Windows, Office and multi-line telephone system
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 25 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to and from work and to various clinics if required. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.