Under the direction of Medical Assistant Supervisor or designee, this position provides direct patient care and customer service. Duties include, but are not limited to: assisting providers during preparation and provision of patient visit, interviewing patient and obtaining reason for visit, room preparation, specimen collection and processing, medication administration, documentation in electronic health record and patient discharge.
GENERAL POSITION REPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL
- Prepares for the patient appointment by reviewing and updating patient records prior to patient arrival
- Interview patient to obtain reason for visit: chief complaint, and document in electronic medical record following MA workflow protocols for intake of patient
- Obtain and record the patients’ vital signs according to protocol for patients age
- Prepare exam room and patient for the type of exam/procedure to be performed
- Maintains patient confidentiality following all HIPAA policies and procedures
- Documents accurately all patient information in electronic health record
- Communicates in a timely and professional manner with patients and other members of the care team at all times
- Know and follows the eight rights of drug assessment and administration
- Know and follows procedure for immunization administration and storage
- Follows all medication policies and procedures for labeling, storing and use
- Knows and utilizes principles of universal protocols and National Patient Safety Goals
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments per protocol
- Has knowledge of surgical and diagnostic office procedures
- Correctly collect specimens, perform testing, and processes as indicated.
- Provides clear instructions to patients regarding obtaining and collecting of specimens.
- Reviews patient plan and educates patient on discharge instructions
- All other duties as assigned (such as translation and travel to other locations)
- Can accurately identify medications and their indications for proper utilization
- Works independently and uses critical thinking skills to solve issues under pressure
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Graduation from an approved medical assistant training program with one or more years’ experience
- Has one or more years as a medical assistant
- Effective communication demonstrated by ability to read, interpret, comprehend and comply with written and verbal communication
- Proficient mathematical skills for use in a healthcare setting
- Basic computer proficiency to include Windows, MS Office, and internet
- Ability to problem solve in situations both independently or with support from team and/or leadership
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a high-stress and fast-moving environment
- Must have reliable transportation that can meet any operational reassignments of the organization during the workday. If employee is driving during work hours, the employee is required to possess a valid driver’s license and must be in compliance with Arizona vehicle insurance requirements
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence. Will be a professional role model and participate in community events that promote good health and contribute to greater awareness and understanding in the communities we serve.
OUR CORE VALUES