Medical Assistant Supervisor - Goodyear
The Medical Assistant Supervisor is responsible for the efficient, profitable day-to-day operation of a small site or reporting to a manager for a larger clinical site. Responds to the needs of patients, family members, community, as well as other departments. The position directly or indirectly supervises the non-clinical and clinical support staff. Coordinates activities with providers and other departments to schedule appointments, manage patient flow, and manage related systems and processes to provide quality services to patients in a safe and positive environment. Must be able to perform all functions of the roles supervised such as Medical Assistant, Medical Specialist and/or Front Office role.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution plus advanced training
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- Minimum four (4) years healthcare experience, which includes three years healthcare leadership experience leading a team with multiple providers, or two (2) years in a Coordinator role with a development plan
- Clinical competency with background as Medical Assistant, nursing if applicable
- Ability to solve problems using a logical, systematic approach
- Demonstrated management, leadership, diplomacy, and customer service skills
- Experience in applying continuous quality improvement techniques in delivery of care to improve patient health outcomes
- Proven ability with productive and efficient time management; and fulfilling commitments
- Demonstrated understanding in the use of technology infrastructure (email, web-based tools, internet, etc.) and applications (Excel, Word, etc.,) appropriate for the performance of his/her job
- Ability to help others increase their knowledge, skills, and abilities to enable them to perform at a higher level
- Ability to provide effective personnel performance management
- Demonstrated ability to promote teamwork within work unit and across departmental/organizational lines
- Ability to measure and report departmental cost performance
- Ability to accept and promote change as positive; taking into account other’s concerns
- Experience with management information systems and electronic health records (EHR) software
- Ability to work effectively with staff, clients, associates, and the community
- Must have reliable transportation that can meet any operational reassignments of the organization during the workday. If employee is driving during work hours, the employee is required to possess a valid driver’s license and must be in compliance with Arizona vehicle insurance requirements
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance for quality purposes and maintain appropriate documentation
- Maintain accurate time and attendance records
- Assure compliance with applicable federal state and local legislation, e.g. FMLA, Workers Compensation, ADA, etc.
- Recruit, interview, orient, train, and mentor staff
- Organize staff‘s daily work activities and schedules and cover if needed to meet staffing needs
- Identify financial status of patients regarding fee scale, insurance or discounts. Refers to eligibility as needed
- Conduct monthly staff meetings including agendas and minutes
- Oversight of scheduling, billing, and scanning of records
- Monitor appointments, patient flow and waiting areas to improve daily productivity
- Ensure that patients and visitors are treated courteously by all staff
- Document and resolve patient complaints
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communication with internal and external customers
- Anticipate the needs of staff and patients and proactively seek solutions or interventions
- Initiate coaching and work with manger for corrective action issues
- Manages quality improvement and safety initiatives
- Support and implement organization’s goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and systems
- Monitor and control health center expenditures, review and approve all orders and maintain supply inventory
- May assist with monitoring of procedures for attaining clinic productivity and financial standards and goals
- Assure daily deposits are made and completion of day sheet reconciliation
- Oversee and review patient receivables
- Order of supplies and minor equipment while maintaining budget
- Assist in preparing and approving budget; monitoring and allocating expenditures
- Monitor and assist with managing and adjusting the strategic plan related to budget, profitability and production matrices
Administrative / Management
- Review correspondence and answer written inquiries relating to the status of site functions. Answer routine telephone inquiries concerning operation of the department.
- Maintain documentation of credentialing and competency for providers and staff
- Prepare reports and correspondence as required
- Coordinate the maintenance a clean, neat, and functional facility
- Coordinate inventory control, facilities management, and maintenance of equipment
- Oversight of or performs daily, monthly and quarterly safety checks and drills and logs
- Oversee maintenance of appropriate logs.
- Maintain high level of customer satisfaction as reflected on patient satisfaction surveys and other measurement tools.
- Participate in maintaining Joint Commission and other regulatory compliance
- Recommend any new or revisions to policies and/or procedures
- Ongoing monitoring of data collection and reporting
- Assist with investigation and resolution of incident reports
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to communicate in more than one language
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- All other duties as assigned such as may be required to travel to other locations and assist with other departments or health centers
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.