Medical Assistant Coordinator (OB/GYN) - Goodyear
The Medical Assistant Coordinator is an entry level leadership role, responsible for the facilitation of work-flow while acting as the liaison between the back office staff and other clinical and non-clinical staff. Provides mentoring and guidance to back office staff. The Medical Assistant Coordinator will have meet all the expectations outlined in the roles for Associate Medical Assistant, Medical Assistant and Senior Medical Assistant. The Medical Assistant Coordinator will have maintained the highest level of professionalism and performance by receiving exceeds or greater on annual performance appraisals and remaining free of any active formal disciplinary process.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Graduation from an approved medical assistant training program with three or more years’ experience
- Obtained Certification
- Current CPR certification
- Minimum one year of supervisory or leadership experience in a medical office team and/or approved development plan
- Demonstrated ability in implementing the principles and practices of supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a high-stress and fast-moving environment
- Effective communication demonstrated by ability to read, interpret, comprehend and comply with written and verbal communication
- Proficient mathematical skills for use in a healthcare setting
- Ability to problem solve in situations both independently or with support from team and/or leadership
- Advanced computer efficiency to include Windows, MS Office and Patient Management System (electronic medical record)
- Must have reliable transportation that can meet any operational reassignments of the organization during the workday. If employee is driving during work hours, the employee is required to possess a valid driver’s license and must be in compliance with Arizona vehicle insurance requirements
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to communicate in more than one language
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Prepares for the patient appointment by reviewing and updating patient records prior to patient arrival
- Interview patient to obtain reason for visit: chief complaint, and document in electronic medical record following MA workflow protocols for intake of patient
- Obtain and record the patients’ vital signs according to protocol for patients age
- Prepare exam room and patient for the type of exam/procedure to be performed
- Maintains patient confidentiality following all HIPAA policies and procedures
- Documents accurately all patient information in electronic health record
- Communicates in a timely and professional manner with patients and other members of the care team at all times
- Know and follows the eight rights of drug assessment and administration
- Know and follows procedure for immunization administration and storage
- Follows all medication policies and procedures for labeling, storing and use
- Knows and utilizes principles of universal protocols and National Patient Safety Goals
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments per protocol
- Has knowledge of surgical and diagnostic office procedures
- Correctly collect specimens, perform testing, and processes as indicated.
- Provides clear instructions to patients regarding obtaining and collecting of specimens.
- Reviews patient plan and educates patient on discharge instructions
- Can accurately identify medications and their indications for proper utilization
- Evaluates problems, situations or issues presented and understands priority while assisting with resolution using critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Participates in orientation, mentoring and training of staff
- All other duties as assigned (such as translation and travel to other locations)
ADDITIONAL POSITION REPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL
- Serves as subject matter expert for Associate Medical Assistants and Medical Assistants and Senior Medical Assistants
- Participates in regulatory reviews, audits and process improvement projects
- Participates with interviewing, selection, training and performance appraisals
- Provides staffing for coverage needs as assigned
- Coordinate workflow and staff schedules to ensure coverage
- Completes communication circle with patients and other customers
- Participates in ordering of supplies and inventory management
- Coordinates and evaluates medication management and is resource for vaccine program and inventory management
- Member of and required to attend committee or work group meetings
- Initiates request for maintenance of equipment and facilities as needed
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Job Reference #: 26158