HIV Program Manager
The HIV Program Manager is a grant funded position responsible for the direct planning, execution, and oversight of activities, actions, and services within the HIV Prevention and Treatment Program. In this role, the incumbent is responsible for all operational activity, planning, promotion, implementation, and evaluation of program operations within the HIV Prevention and Treatment Program. The HIV Program Manager will manage effective supervision of HIV/PrEP Navigators, as well as the development and coordination of programmatic materials, activities, and services.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- RN or Masters Degree in health care, public health, social work or related health discipline.
- Three to five years of employment experience relative to HIV Prevention/HIV Care.
- Three to five years of experience in supervision and mentoring of employees.
- Advanced knowledge of HIV illness, care, prevention, and testing services and community resources.
- Proficient knowledge of program development concepts and project management methodologies.
- Ability to relate effectively with people at various levels including government departments, schools, community organizations, corporations and the general community.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize, plan and work independently.
- Ability to supervise, mentor and coach personnel.
- Ability to establish rapport and gain the confidence of the physicians, nurses, members of the primary care and behavioral health team, patients, and associates.
- Must have capacity to network, develop meaningful collaborations and coordinate activities across multiple programs and agencies.
- Must be able to work with confidential material without betraying the trust of providers, patients, families, or the agency.
- Capacity to comprehend complex concepts and think globally.
- Creativity and ability for abstract thinking.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while meeting all requirements of the position.
- Ability to establish program goals and objectives and to assess progress toward their achievement.
- Proficient use of software applications such as MS Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) years of experience in community health
- Bilingual - English/Spanish
- Electronic Health Records
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Directs and oversees the planning, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of all services, activities, and functions of the HIV Program Manager. Ensures that all goals and objectives specified for the program are successfully accomplished to the highest service level possible and in accordance with the established priorities, timelines, assigned budget, and deliverables.
- Establishes measurable goals and performance standards; monitors progress towards completion of outcomes and deliverables; develops corrective action plans for successful service delivery, job performance, and program success.
- Ensures that all assigned staff members are properly trained; communicates with all staff members regarding individual or team performance; coordinates meetings with staff members on any performance or discipline related discussions or actions; conducting and completing all assigned performance appraisals in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with the Quality Assurance Department on the development and implementation of appropriate and effective clinical policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the program always maintains patient and employee confidentiality by controlling the environment and information being disclosed to authorized individuals ensuring compliance with all HIPAA and corporate compliance standards, as well as generally accepted confidentiality standards.
- Leads and participates in the long and short-term strategic planning and program development process and implementation.
- Coordinates and supports the evaluation and monitoring of program activities and/or grant-funded programs and assists in the writing of specifications for evaluation or monitoring of the program(s).
- Gains and maintains a comprehensive understanding and proficient ability to ensure full compliance of the program with regulations, standards, or requirements for Federal, State, and local laws; as well as all standards and requirements for internal/external grants or funding sources.
- Supervises and/or completes the research, generation, and distribution of complex reports and/or summary information, as assigned or requested, to program or organizational staff, or other internal/external clients or representatives through utilization and analysis of available reporting programs linked to program databases or systems
- Supervises and reviews all actual program revenue and expenditures to ensure adherence with the allocated budget, providing directions and recommendations for remaining within the assigned program budget while ensuring program success.
- Leads and participates in the development, preparation, and reconciliation of the program budget(s).
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.