We are looking for an outgoing individual who is passionate and has an understanding of the LGBTAIA+ community. Must be willing to act as a navigator for HIV/PrEP Patients. Helping patients navigate through the HIV/PrEP process and acting as an advocate.
The HIV/PrEP Navigator is a grant funded position. The purpose of this position is to provide direct case management of all assigned patients; thereby contributing to the improvement of patient care, their quality of life, and treatment compliance. The HIV/PrEP Navigator effectively utilizes case management to coordinate with clinical team members to ensure that effective patient care services are provided to patients with complex medical and/or psychosocial needs. In this role the incumbent organizes the patients entry into and through the patient care system; coordinating patient care services and serves as a patient advocate ensuring delivery of whole health care to patients.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED from and accredited institution
- Demonstrates cultural competency and ability to relate to people living with HIV/AIDS, gay/bisexual men, trans individuals, as well as individuals from diverse socio-cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is desired.
- Knowledge and experience with the Hispanic/Latino, Black/African American communities as well as the LGBT community.
- Ability to speak with broad cross sections of the community about personal sexual behavior and drug use in a non-judgmental and caring way.
- One year of work and/or volunteer experience providing direct service to individuals from the LGBT community or individuals who are at high risk of contracting HIV or STIs.
- Personal experience consistent with disproportionately affected populations; demonstrated ability to relate to diverse populations including gay/bisexual men, trans community members, and people of color.
- Experience with group facilitation, teaching and/or public presentations highly desirable.
- Basic understanding on how HIV is transmitted and prevented
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) years of experience in community health
- Electronic Health Records
- Bilingual - English/Spanish
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Performs duties, tasks, and assignments supporting the delivery of quality comprehensive case management and patient care within established time frames.
- Always maintains patient confidentiality by controlling the information being disclosed to authorized individuals ensuring compliance with all HIPAA and corporate compliance standards, as well as generally accepted confidentiality standards.
- Provides a continuum of professional medical case management including assessment, planning, collaborating, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating multi-faceted, potentially high-risk, and complex situations.
- Accepts all new referrals for the assigned program, completing the medical case management intake process on all entering clients.
- Coordinates a collaborative and well-shaped intake service resulting in effective utilization and quality medical health services.
- Provides on-going supportive and/or case management functions in accordance with the problems, needs, and strategies identified within the service plan to help the clients to achieve the stated goals and objectives.
- Tracks patient follow-up and clinical outcomes. Documents in-person and telephone encounters.
- Supports medication management as prescribed, focusing on treatment adherence, side effects, and other complications, as well as effective treatment.
- Facilitates treatment plan changes for patients who are not improving as expected in consultation with medical providers.
- Facilitates referrals for clinically indicated services outside the primary care office.
- Maintains regular contact with enrolled clients to monitor progress towards treatment goals and modify treatment plan as necessary.
- Monitors patients for changes in clinical symptoms and treatment side effects or
complications and consult with treatment team if concerns are noted.
- Provides brief interventions using evidence-based techniques such as Problem-Solving Treatment, Motivational Interviewing, or other treatments appropriate for primary care settings.
- Serves as a liaison and advocate for the patient and family, ensuring the delivery of quality and timely services to the patient from the patient care team and/or supporting government and community agencies.
- Provides patient education about available medical treatment options.
- Develops and maintains positive and effective working relationships with patients, family members and clinical staff, as well as administrative and support team members to foster professionalism and coordination with the patient care team.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 45341