Health Information Systems Supervisor
Position is responsible for maintaining a caring, receptive, effective, efficient, and productive department. Additionally, this entry level leadership role is responsible for the management, training, and leading of the Health Information Systems Analysts and acting as the liaison between various levels of Clinical Informatics, the HIS manager, and the rest of the organization. Must also be able to perform all the functions of those being supervised.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) year college degree AND a minimum of one (1) years experience in an out-patient-based position utilizing electronic health records management and patient scheduling systems; OR a minimum of three (3) years experience in an out-patient-based position utilizing electronic health records management and patient scheduling systems; OR any combination of acceptable training and experience to perform required functions
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical methods and techniques used in electronic record keeping systems
- Intermediate computer efficiency and understanding of MS Windows operating systems and core Office applications
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Medical Terminology or the desire to learn
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments requiring a high level of independent judgment
- Technical abilities with data and analytics tools, including MS office-excel, SAS or other software packages
- Ability to troubleshoot reporting problems including design issues and develop and implement solutions
- Detailed-oriented individual with excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well individually and in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work to balance competing deadlines in a professional manner
- Excellent business English, spelling, and punctuation skills
- Ability to grasp complex problems and understand ramifications of proposed solutions
- Ability to resolve conflicts between team members and customers in a constructive way
- Commitment to Adelante Healthcares mission, vision, and values
- Competency in dealing with persons of various cultures and social status
- Evidence of a valid Arizona drivers license and current auto insurance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Participate with interviewing and selection of prospective employees
- Provide orientation and on-going skill development for staff. Provide staffing for vacant positions as needed. When no other coverage is available, provide personal coverage
- Demonstrate management, leadership, diplomacy, and customer service skills
- Provide documentation and specialized user support for clinical applications
- Address issues/ tickets in the Technology Office ticketing system
- To assist the organization by addressing issues called in by the end user during Helpdesk hours (0700-1700) and on Saturday in an On-Call rotational capacity.
- Assist other technology staff and peers as needed.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to learn complex processes/concepts in a short period.
- Must be able to work effectively with others to understand the scope of work and capabilities of NextGen.
- Continue in the deployment and development of clinical or vendor applications and software in accordance with policies and best practices.
- Perform accounts troubleshooting, maintenance and management for clinical, dental, and/or pharmacy computer applications and services
- Assist with projects requiring data extraction ensuring timely, relevant, accurate and consistent information use.
- Review and optimization of Systems to best support clinical workflows/processes.
- Coordinate with project teams to achieve team/organizational goals and outcomes.
- Maintain a log of modifications/changes/alterations to NextGen or its related applications (EDR, PM, DM, ETC).
- Assist with analysis of external data definitions documentation and mapping process
- Confer with team leads to determine workflow changes and required EMR changes and delivery schedules
- Required to maintain individual skills/training in accordance with organizational workflows.
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to unfamiliar, undefined, or unexpected situations with professional and timely responses.
- Act as customer problem solver, maintaining a constructive and positive attitude
- Communicate through formal and informal methods with customers
- Resolve conflicts between team members and customers in a constructive way
- Procure information and requirements for clinical account(s) creation from identified personnel and departments
- Create and maintain NextGen e-Learning accounts
- Maintain knowledge base and current awareness on clinical applications and relevant policies
- Understand support policies and practices for hardware (workstation, host and network) and software
- Assure clinical leaders and clinicians are getting what they need from the clinical computer applications and services.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality related to job requirements.
- Must possess good interpersonal communication and be customer/client oriented
- Prepare reports and correspondence as required
- Assist with investigation and resolution of incident reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervise the HIS Analyst team and offer support, direction and help with problem solving and addressing pertinent issues
- Involved in the hiring process including staff assessment, justification of request for personnel, interviewing and selection following assigned guidelines
- Schedule staff work hours, manage productivity and schedules
- Provide and/or authorize health center and department specific orientation and on-boarding for continuing education
- Provide coaching and support including but not limited to:
- Setting goals and expectations regarding performance and behavior
- Providing timely and proper reinforcement for improvement of performance and behavior
- Provide mentoring and skill development to team
- Demonstration of good listening skills and use of non-judgmental language in discussions with team members
- Portrayal of behaviors which support positive role model for staff
- Will exercise initiative and independent judgment in performance of assigned tasks, and work with minimal guidance
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience as an Advocate for Health Care or Human Rights
- Experience using NextGen EHR
- Experience using NextGen EPM
- Experience using NextGen EDR
- Analytic abilities in statistical testing, regression analysis, etc. preferred
- Understanding of and experience with analyzing EMR data and clinical data preferred
- Professional experience in an analytics field or other health care related experience preferred
- Intermediate computer literacy
- Intermediate knowledge of computer software and hardware
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize cell phone for business communications
- Drive to multiple company locations to perform duties
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
- Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions as needed
- Assist with other departments functions as assigned.
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.