Health Information Systems Administrator
Performs a variety of duties for the optimization, development, installation, maintenance, upgrades, systems administration, scripting, monitoring, and supporting clinical application services.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence. Lastly, Employee will be required to travel to their primary location- CSO quarterly or biannual basis per the policy.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in technology or related field AND two (2) years experience providing information technology services; OR, Six (6) years experience providing information technology services; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery of tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to six months of experience.
- Experience administering NextGens Electronic Health Record (EHR) or other EHR application
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server and relational database design
- Experience in troubleshooting PC server software and EHR application systems
- Familiarity with Microsoft file, print, fax, and directory services
- Familiarity with MS Windows Server structure and commands
- Demonstrated experience in documenting systems, services, and topology using text and diagrams
- Demonstrated clear and effective systems, procedural, and user documentation creation and maintenance
- Evidence of valid Arizona drivers license and current auto insurance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to Adelante Healthcare mission, vision, and values
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certification(s) in one or more EHR applications
- T-SQL250 course completion
- Continuing education; NextGen UGM/Template Editor
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Maintain security and integrity of healthcare applications and services
- Analyze changes in software and operating systems issued by manufacturer, author, or vendor and determine impact on existing production systems, systems design, programming standards, and operating procedures
- Familiarity with SNO-MED codes
- Familiarity with all clinical applications end user workflows for all specialties and support staff
- Maintain a tracking log/spreadsheet of identified known issues/completed projects within the clinical application
- Recommend new systems software, applications, and hardware to management
- Maintaining the integrity of all clinical application databases; TEST/DEVL/DEMO/PROD/i2i/Azara
- Build and maintain all ASCEND/External user accounts within NextGen. Will also act as the primary point of contact for support for these users within the scope of NextGen.
- Maintain credentialing for providers in accordance to the credentialing grid.
- Conduct Daily system checks on NextGen and its attached systems (Interfaces, Offline document generator, Background Business Processor, etc)
- Conduct NextGen patching for Demo and Test to ensure the databases have the latest patches.
- Review, match, commit, or delete items within the Clinical Message Manager (Rosetta holding tank) to ensure delivery of patient results to providers in a timely manner (24-48 hours of receipt).
- Coordinate and upload payer contracts into NextGen.
- BBP (Background Business Processor); maintain and build jobs
- Review vendor reports or visit vendors to observe demonstration of systems software, operating systems, and applications
- Testing procedures for new and modified applications
- Familiarity in template and document editing within the EHR application
- Basic familiarity with HTML for Patient Portal
- Develop and maintain strong and productive relationships with other departments
- Develop and administer user/application rights schemas, quotas, and restrictions.
- Prepare and maintain various systems and application production reports for management
- Maintain current knowledge in new and existing health systems application software to ensure productivity, capability, and return on investment
- Respond to basic application issues for staff. Identify problems and coordinate appropriate corrective action/escalation (tickets).
- Analyze complex business needs presented by user community and/or clients and recommend technical solutions
- Ensure consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Participate with hardware and software evaluations
- Produce specialized reports/data
- May be required to analyze data and reports for anomalies or indicators
- Represent the application function at review meetings as requested
- Participate in programs regarding technical support issues, product offerings, etc.
- Review and make recommendations for policies and procedures to management
- Work on special projects to improve operating efficiency of technical/applications support
- Develop and maintain a log of failures within the NextGen interfaces to be presented to management weekly.
- Review, correct, and maintain provider master builds within NextGen
- Assist in the testing of NextGen and its systems after patching or updates.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
- Utilize cell phone for business communications
- Available 24/7/365 for emergencies
- Drive to multiple company locations to perform duties
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 48435