This position will be supporting clinical outcomes programs initiatives by acting as a patient advocate and navigator. Providing guidance and support toward engaging patients self-management goals to improve health outcomes and removing barriers to care. This position will provide administrative support to the Clinical Outcomes Research coordinator and the Well Woman Health Program Coordinator to ensure timely grants submissions and completion of patient screening services
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical methods and techniques used in record keeping systems.
- Demonstrates continuous attention to detail
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments requiring some exercise of independent judgment.
- Effective communication demonstrated by ability to read, interpret, comprehend and comply with written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability in implementing the principles and practices of patients care supervision.
- Exceptional communication skills and professional presence
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, and the general public both in person and over the phone
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a high-stress and fast-moving environment
- Previous call center experience strongly preferred
- Advanced computer efficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and experience in Electronic Healthcare Records (EMR)
- Meet the organization immunization requirement
- 2 or more years experience in a clinical setting
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Graduation from an accredited medical assistant program
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with patient education and advocacy
- Medical Assistant Certification
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Participates in Clinical Outcomes team meetings and quality improvement initiatives, staff meetings, in-service meetings, or other required meetings
- Helps facilitate health and disease patient education sessions and development of material.
- Coordinates continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities such as referrals to outside specialties; ongoing two way communication between providers.
- Develops relationships with external healthcare organizations and facilities in efforts to finding additional resources.
- Coordinates outreach efforts for specific program populations and other populations as needed.
- Helps manage high-risk patient care, including management of patients with multiple co-morbidities by documentation of data entry/management.
- Promotes clear communication amongst the care team, treating clinicians, and/or other staff by ensuring awareness regarding patient care plans.
- Facilitates patient care based upon standing orders and protocols.
- Translates clinical care from the EMR to all program required forms and/or tracking tools.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Will perform high volume of daily patient outreach calls to engage, enroll and follow up with patients on available programs.
- Support incoming calls for value-based team as needed.
- Ensure patient needs and requests are handled efficiently by performing telephonic patient scheduling, pre-registration, accessing and updating patient information, as well as scheduling interpreters, transportation, and directing calls to appropriate staff
- Perform data entry
- Maintain schedule and tracking accuracy for maximum patient flow
- Maintains good attendance, is punctual and works full scheduled shift
- Must be able to travel to different clinic locations.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 42954