Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
The Financial Planning and Analyst Manager will work in a fast-paced environment with other highly skilled professionals in a team setting. As a FP&A Manager, you will be required to demonstrate a high level of self-initiative and analytical skills. This position will assist management with decision-making tools including developing new reporting when necessary. You will oversee the FP&A team under direct supervision of the Controller. This position will require the ability to communicate effectively with all members of the company. This role must have knowledge and experience with leading and developing staff, creating and managing financial and analytical processes, analyzing business information, scope definition, requirements gathering, data analysis, functional specifications, application design, testing and implementation and be able to identify opportunities for reporting improvement.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or related field with at least five (5) years in a senior-level analyst role
- Managerial or supervisory experience required
- Must have experience in healthcare finance, operations, system and data analytics
- Must have experience in business plan development under healthcare settings, including but not limited to pro forma financial statements, cost analysis, ROI projection, project budgeting, and cash flow forecast
- Experience in preparing financial performance reports to interpret clinical utilization, provider productivity, variance to budget, cost and benefits, and other performance metrics
- Experience in preparing organizational and departmental financial statements based on a solid understanding of payer mix, government reimbursement, third party billing, and revenue cycle management
- Working knowledge of medical coding (ICD-9, CPT-4, etc.), AHCCCS (Arizona Health Care Cost Control System) plans, FQHC, UDS, government reporting, RVU, and Medicare reimbursement methodology
- Ability to research, analyze, and present financial information combined with large sets of clinical data including encounter, claims, and patient data to communicate economic trends and current issues to executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders
- Ability to identify and develop new reporting needs.
- Experience in training, coaching, and team development
- Partners with stakeholders to provide training and guidance on reports.
- Works directly with the business to understand the need and guide the thought process to produce better health outcomes and services
- Experience with medical/dental practice management system and EMR applications for statistical reporting, trending, and charting
- A concise understanding of exception reporting
- Experience with creating and developing operational budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer knowledge and advanced competence in Microsoft Excel, Oracle Fusion, SQL, Query development preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must have a positive attitude, enthusiasm, show initiative, and be self-motivated
- Detailed working knowledge of financial statements
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to set priorities to meet time-sensitive project deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of business research principles, processes, and techniques
- Evidence of valid Arizona driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Prioritization and multi-task skills are required
- Competency in working with people of various cultures
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments requiring the considerable exercise of independent judgment
- Lead and manage a team of analysts including but not limited to timecards, performance reviews, training, and development of staff
- Develop business plans under healthcare settings, including but not limited to pro forma financial statements, cost analysis, ROI projection, project budgeting, and cash flow forecast
- Prepare financial performance report to interpret clinical utilization, provider productivity, variance to budget, cost and benefits, and other performance metrics.
- Prepare organizational and departmental financial statements based on solid understanding of payer mix, government reimbursement, third party billing, and revenue cycle management
- Communicate with stakeholders to support shared goals
- Identify, develop, and implement new reporting needs.
- Partner with stakeholders to provide ad-hoc reporting, training, and guidance on existing and new reporting.
- Research, analyze, and present financial information combined with large sets of data including general ledger and clinical to assist stakeholder decision making
- Report Medicare Cost Reporting, UDS Reporting, and other required external report outs
- Responsible for other duties as assigned
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience as an Advocate for Health Care or Human Rights
- Master’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field
- CHFP, CFA, CPA or similar certifications
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.