Farmworker Outreach Specialist
The Farmworker Outreach Specialist is primarily responsible for planning, purchasing, budgeting, and coordinating the daily activities of the Farmworker Health Program and related services within Adelante Healthcares Community Development department. Under the guidance of the Senior Community Programs Manager, this position will engage the farmworker community through targeted outreach and other forms of community engagement. They will assist in tracking data to demonstrate the efficacy of the Farmworker Health Program and establish yearly goals for growing the number served. This position will work with other local organizations and Adelante staff to support the development and implementation of farmworker-related programs.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Fluent and able to communicate in both English and Spanish, required. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with monolingual Spanish speakers
- Ability to compile routine reports and correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively utilizing professional grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages
- Ability to work independently with guidance from leadership
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing work assignments and familiarity with the practice of time management
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided
- Strong familiarity with human service agencies serving low-income and minority populations and understanding of and sensitivity to issues of concerns to low-income and minority communities
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with clients, associates, and the general public
- Basic computer literacy
- Competency in dealing with people of various cultures and backgrounds
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products in the creation of presentations, reports, spreadsheets
- Valid AZ driver's license
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in community health or a related field, or three (3) to five (5) years experience working in a related field
- Community Health Worker Certification, preferred
- Support the planning, budgeting, implementation, and evaluation of Adelantes Farmworker Health Program and events
- Record and track program related expenditures and outcomes
- Drive to various locations in Maricopa County, including, but not limited to, other Adelante Healthcare facilities to provide farmworker outreach
- Engage with farmworkers and their families where they live and gather, to share resources and health education information
- Present to other community partners on what the farmworker health program and its services encompass
- Coordinate all farmworker outreach activities as directed, including affiliated partner projects, transport supplies to events, and communicate with clients served by the program
- Assist with other outreach events and initiatives as capacity allows
- Communicate and conduct outreach in both Spanish and English to articulate Adelante Healthcares farmworker program services
- Document outreach efforts and impact of program
- Create monthly reports on program to share with leadership
- Take photos and gather stories designed to promote programs to the community
- Analyze programs during planning, implementation, and follow-up to verify quality and ensure activities and services achieve stated objectives and outcomes
- Register farmworker patients with an Adelante health center for primary health care
- Promote farmworker patients for other available programs within Adelante
- Maintain and monitor purchased and donated supplies
- Under the direction of the Senior Community Programs Manager, plan, propose, and track budgets for services and total quarterly expenditures, including allocating adequate resources to each program and staying within budgetary limits
- Exercise initiative and independent judgment in performance of assigned tasks, and work with minimal guidance
- Prepare, modify, and file reports and documentation as necessary, including summaries of activities and incidents, post-program overviews, recommendations for future services, and analysis of the overall program
- Assist farmworker health program participants and their families with applying for AHCCCS, Nutrition Assistance, Marketplace, and Sliding Fee Discount Program
- Solicit and follow up on farmworker referrals
- Establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships with state and local agencies, growers, and community organizations through regularly scheduled partnership meetings, activities, and events
- Participate in health center staff meetings to provide input and updates on the farmworker health program
- Maintain current information on all farmworker locations, demographics, and health status of farmworker communities
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 56192