The Executive Assistant will work with the Adelante Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team as an integral member to monitor and report departmental initiatives, activities, and related matters. The Executive Assistant will provide administrative and executive support in the development, implementation, and execution of management of programs, projects, and initiatives for departments.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree preferred
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Min. of 2+ years of full-time work experience or equivalent, highlighting both administrative and analytical skill sets in Executive Assistant function
- Initiative, a proactive approach, strong collaboration, flexibility, and problem-solving
- Considerable independent judgment is required.
- Knowledge of departmental policies, procedures, and organizational relationships.
- Knowledge of the organization, punctuation, and composition of business letters, reports, charts, and tabular material.
- Knowledge of correct English usage, spelling, and punctuation.
- Knowledge of software programs such as Microsoft products to create presentations, charts, graphs, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to make decisions where precedents may not be established.
- Ability to apply instructions and guidelines in the disposition of problems.
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks requiring a high degree of attention to detail.
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) years of experience in a high-level support role or equivalent
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
- Manages and prioritizes meetings for the Board, Board Committees, and ELT.
- Assists Board Members, CEO, and ELT with special project requests and administrative needs.
- Assist in preparation of board meetings, board manuals, and all board correspondence.
- Create and submit expense reimbursement requests.
- Retrieve data as necessary to give the Board, CEO, and ELT, a strong sense of context to important, and sometimes sudden, meetings or initiatives.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports
- Researches, compiles, assimilates, and prepares confidential and sensitive documents and briefs the executive regarding contents.
- Performs a variety of administrative and executive support tasks which may be highly confidential and sensitive.
- Prepare Board records and reports.
- Reviews, proofreads, and edits documents prepared for the executive's signature.
- May assist in the preparation of the office and board budgets.
- Attends meetings as executive's representative; reports on proceedings.
- Compiles and maintains records, statistical information, and reports.
- Prepares agendas and collects materials for meetings, speeches, and conferences; takes minutes and keeps records of proceedings as required.
- Coordinate and arrange all aspects of domestic US and global travel.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment that supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
All employees are responsible for being a health center advocate and participating to some extent in advocacy efforts.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare's written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures, and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante's legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, bloodborne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed satisfactorily by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.