Eligibility and Outreach Programs Manager
The Eligibility and Outreach Programs Manager oversees the daily operations of all eligibility and outreach programs. The Eligibility and Outreach Programs Manager reviews productivity for quality assurance and adherence to program policy in an effort to provide optimal service to our clients. The Eligibility and Outreach Programs Manager prepares reports as requested to the leadership team for effective monitoring of program.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) year college degree and/or a minimum of five (5) years experience working in an advocacy role
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) Preferred
- Proven skills using Microsoft Office Excel, Word, etc.
- Strong familiarity with human service agencies serving low-income and minority populations and understanding of and sensitivity to issues of concern to low-income and minority communities
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with clients, associates, and the general public
- Basic computer efficiency, with the ability to utilize the Patient Management System
- Valid AZ drivers license with clean driving record
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- Develop and provide training for staff for eligibility programs including but not limited to Health-E-Arizona, Marketplace, and Sliding Fee Scale
- Assist with updating policies and procedures related but not limited to eligibility and outreach
- Manage compliance with all corporate and federal grants related but not limited to eligibility and outreach
- Manage program budget and reporting
- Complete and submit monthly program reports as needed
- Perform eligibility audits for Health-E-Arizona, Sliding Fee Scale and other eligibility program applications submitted by the eligibility staff.
- Keep site leaders informed of challenges, barriers and opportunities for growth of program development
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of health and human service resources in the community, develop and maintain a strong working relationship with leaders in community resources groups, intervene on behalf of patients in resolving intra-agency and interagency problems and make appropriate referrals to service providers
- Assist eligibility staff members in troubleshooting through complex cases and in finding resources within our community that benefit our patients.
- Perform eligibility for health care coverage for Adelante staff when such request is made
- Identify new programs within our community that benefit out patients
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree from a four-year college or university and two years experience working in an advocacy role in a human services organization
- Knowledge of state health care programs
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.