Director of Technology Operations
Under guidance and directives set by the Chief Strategy Officer, provides leadership and oversight with operational management for all technology initiatives, projects and daily operations. Regularly communicates and coordinates with organizational directors, manager and contractors. Provides daily operation leadership and management of the Technology Support & Innovation department resources and staff. Executes technology budget provided by the Chief Strategy Officer. Responsible for project management, technology, infrastructure, security, staffing, employee training/ evaluation, safety and risk management.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Health/ Hospital Administration, Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, or related field with technology as a core emphasis preferred
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience with increasing responsibilities for management and support of healthcare information systems and/or information technology
- Demonstrated experience creating both technical and non-technical documentation, proposals, and reports
- Strong knowledge of technology infrastructure requirements and components of local and wide area networks, communication protocols, data storage methods, data center design, client devices, and security
- Demonstrated knowledge of business processes, management, human resources, continuous improvement, and operations principles, practices and procedures
- Experience applying "best fit" project management style to tasks (Agile, Waterfall, SCRUM, SDLC, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience leading technology staff direct reports of at least 4 FTE
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituents individually, in small groups, and in large venues both written and verbal form
- Experience with disaster and business continuity execution
- Demonstrated ability to meet organizational goals and objectives
- Strong knowledge of relevant technology industry standards and benchmarks
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and make appropriate recommendations
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure/ demand environment
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented/ high-touch/high-integrity/ collaborative
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office products, including MS projects, MS Excel, and MS Visio
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows, Linux, MAcOS, IOS, Android, server and desktop operating system
- Experience programming in 4th and 5th generation languages, systems batch scripting, or Web services scripting
- Working knowledge and experience with network equipment integration and configuration
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Familiarity with reading architectural plans and symbols, HVAC systems, power capacity planning
- Familiarity with electronic health record systems
- Familiarity with database design and access elements/ schemas
- Familiarity with ITIL Contact Center methodologies
- Familiarity with HIPAA and HiTech Act
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Maintain current awareness of new technologies, practices, and trends
- Provide technical input and support for technology staff when necessary
- Participate in planning, development, evaluation, coordination, and implementation of technology systems and tools
- Manage information and communications systems projects, including voice, data, imaging, and office automation
- Review and enforce technology policies and procedures to ensure the protection of technology assets and the integrity, security, and privacy of electronic information including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, disposal, compliance, and service provisioning
- Oversee technologies that support end-users in their productive use of electronic hardware, software, and services
- Develops operational reports for the Chief Strategy Officer
- Manage the acquisition, deployment, use, re-use, maintenance, support, and disposal for all technology assets
- Manage technology staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development/ growth/ mentoring, evaluation, and corrective actions
- Promote a culture of safety and best practices
- Represent the Technology Support & Innovation Office in meetings, presentations, and external venues in lieu of the Chief Strategy Officer
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with organization’s executives, directors, managers, and staff regarding pertinent technology activities
- May serve as a systems contact for all technology-related communications
- Identify and promotes technology vendor relations to the Chief Strategy Officer
- Develop proposals for new services and existing service improvements for the Chief Strategy Officer
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend and report on conferences, trade shows, and other special interest events
- Utilize cell phone for business communications
- Available 24/7/365 for emergencies
- Ability to perform telework as assigned
- Drive to multiple company locations to perform duties
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.