Desktop Support Specialist
Provides support assistance to internal customers with end-user technologies via telephone and/or remote desktop. Performs service desk dispatch and issue escalation. Provides basic troubleshooting and resolution for maintaining client-side computing including, but not limited to, password resetting, user active directory demographic changes, and live directional help. Work is varied, from basic to intermediate. Position requires current expertise with implemented desktop operating systems, software and hardware. Work is performed under direct supervision by the Technology Support Analyst Supervisor.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or a GED from an accredited institution and two (2) years experience providing information technology services related to this position; Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery of tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to six months of experience.
- Minimum one year of customer service experience
- Minimum one year of technology support experience
- Demonstrated technology troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of current client computing hardware components and their interrelationships for Microsoft Windows platforms
- Familiarity with help desk ticketing systems and working knowledge of printer technologies
- Excellent customer service and communication skills in person, over the phone and via email
- Must be able to learn new technical concepts quickly and readily
- Must have comprehensive knowledge with computers in general as well as current Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite products and the Internet
- Must be able to work well in a team environment, as well as on an individual basis
- Ability to put the customer at ease and gain control of the conversation while helping others resolve problems
- Competency in working with people of various cultures
- Ability to react with appropriate level of urgency to situations that require a quick resolution; ability to change priorities quickly
- Evidence of valid Arizona drivers license and current auto insurance
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
- Prioritization and multi-task skills are required
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Basic knowledge of local & wide area network (LAN and WAN) systems
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Manage incoming requests to the Helpdesk; acting quickly on new and assigned tickets and working in collaboration with other IT members or escalation parties to resolve employee technical issues while maintaining maximum customer satisfaction
- Provide accurate, timely, high-quality, customer-focused assistance and problem resolution services in a professional manner that ensures the customer business needs are met while adhering to corporate standards and meeting service level agreements
- Help our internal users know how to best interact with and utilize technology, providing support as needed via face to face interaction, chat, email, and telephone. This role will troubleshoot problems both in-person and through remote assistance software
- Preparing workstations and desks for use in ongoing setups and transfers which may include moving technical hardware, cable management, furniture, packaged personal items, etc.
- Perform technical on-boarding and off boarding of employees and related profile management
- Provide end user support for multiple types of software (e.g. Zoom, Office 365 Apps, Active Directory, DocuSign, etc.)
- Tracking, ordering and maintaining IT assets
- Support IT responsibilities for site moves and bringing new sites live
- Be on call during business and off hours for critical systems
- Be open to periodic overtime, sometimes with short notice - some weekend hours required when business needs demand
- Other duties as assigned and established according to protocols and ongoing business needs
- Diagnose and resolve basic technical issues associated with computer operating system and software by employing practical, methodical, critical-thinking skills
- Recommend revision to procedures to enhance system performance
- Escalate problems to the appropriate support level if unable to resolve
- Remotely access systems to resolve issues
- Prioritize daily work assignments and issues
- Maintain communication for all parties
- Perform computer account maintenance including processing of new hires, terminations and user transfers
- Report any unusual system deficiencies
- Perform information searches through the use of the Internet and other resources
- Collaborates and teams with others on a variety of technology and technology support projects
- Monitor ticket queue and delegate tickets as they arrive to various departments within the organization
- Provide excellent customer service. Maintain a pleasant and helpful manner; listen patiently when people are upset on the phone, email, or in person
- Act as customer problem solver, maintaining a constructive and positive attitude
- Maintain current awareness and expertise on available desktop operating systems, applications, services, and methods
- Identify and attend relevant training and education
- Available via cell phone for business communications
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
- Perform duties during weekends, holidays, late or early shifts as needed
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.