Dental Specialist (front/back office Dental Assistant) - Goodyear
The Dental Specialist is responsible for the dental front office duties and back-office duties and can perform both functions of an Associate Dental Assistant and Dental Front Office Assistant. Responsible for creating a caring and receptive patient environment and an effective, efficient, and productive check in and check-out process. Responsive to patients’ needs via telephone or in person.
Every Adelante Healthcare employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Dental Assistant certificate
- Radiology certificate from The Arizona State Board of Dental Examiners
- Coronal Polishing certificate from the Arizona State Board of Dental Examiners
- Minimum two (2) years Dental office experience
- Exceptional communication skills and professional presence
- Intermediate computer efficiency to include proficiency in Windows, MS Office, Patient Management System
- Advanced office skills: typing and telephone answering
Back Office Duties
- Greet all patients and visitors. Assist patients and visitors with questions, directing them to appropriate person as necessary.
- Assist patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering their questions, and giving directions to patients as authorized by the dentist or dental hygienist.
- Serve as dentist’s or dental hygienist’s chair-side assistant.
- Prepare the operatory for patient treatment as per Dental Department protocols and the dentist’s or dental hygienist’s directions.
- Perform dental radiographs in accordance with state regulations and law as well as Dental Department directive and protocol.
- Perform direct supervision and general supervision procedures as delegated and directed by the dentist in accordance with state regulation and law and Dental Department directive and protocol.
- Maintain Dental Department equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s directions and Dental Department policy and protocol.
- Maintain all Dental Department areas in compliance with Dental Department directives and protocols as well as center policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control and safety issues.
- Maintain adequate operatory supplies and compiles a list of individual item shortages for inventory control and ordering purposes.
- Maintain a list of all Dental Department patients, monitors patient flow, and assists the dentist(s) and dental hygienist(s) in assuring that all patient records and documents are properly and accurately completed.
- Receive and place necessary telephone calls consistent with professional matters, clinic business, and patient care of the Dental Department.
- Insure the sterility of all reusable dental instruments and equipment in accordance to accordance with Dental Department directive and protocol.
- Insure the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially contaminated materials in accordance with Dental Department directive, center policy as well as state and federal regulation(s).
- Perform all functions in full compliance with the center’s and the Dental Department Exposure Control Plan including but not limited to the use of Personal Protective Equipment and Universal Precautions.
- Participate in appropriate health promotion / disease prevention activities, both on-site and off-site as required.
- As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
- Responsible for full personal compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures including but not limited to the participation of a Dental Assistant in the provision of clinical dental care, as well as those relating to, but not limited to personnel issues, workplace safety, public health and confidentiality.
- Assists front desk as needed
- Assist with the correction of billing information as needed
- Maintain appropriate level of supplies.
- Correctly collect specimens, perform testing, and processes as indicated.
- Travel to other sites to assist with staffing needs
Front Office Duties
- Assist patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering their questions and giving directions to patients as authorized by the dentist or dental hygienist.
- Maintain a list of all Dental Department patients, monitors patient flow, and assists the Dental Director, dentist(s) and dental hygienist(s) in assuring that all patient records and documents are properly and accurately completed and filed
- Obtain patient registration information and enter into computer system
- Receive and places necessary telephone calls consistent with professional matters, clinic business, and patient care of the Dental Department
- Verify third party payer coverage and billing information - insurance, etc.
- Assist with the correction of billing information as needed
- Maintain daily productivity reports and forward information to finance department
- Maintain appropriate level of office supplies, Dental forms and Dental supplies
- Participate in appropriate health promotion / disease prevention activities, both on-site and off-site as required
- As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to communicate in more than one language (English/Spanish preferred)
- Dental Assistant certification
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.