Compliance & Risk Coordinator
The Compliance & Risk Coordinator will monitor and maintain policies and procedures, subpoenas, assist with meeting coordination, compliance with regulatory agencies like HRSA, TJC, OIG etc. This position will assist with performance improvement projects like RCAs, PDSAs, and FMEAs and the ongoing monitoring of them.
This position is a person who holds HIPAA standards with high regard, is highly detail oriented and requires little supervision. Must be self-motivated and anticipate needs of others and the organization. This position is also expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to multi-task and communicate effectively and uphold a professional presence
- Compliance and Risk experience preferred but will train
- Proficiency in developing and presenting analytic reports both written and verbal, data collection, sampling, analysis, and presentation
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications includes Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality, privacy, and security of protected information
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Travel to all health centers is required
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- Keep up to date with health & safety legislation and guidelines and advise Adelante Healthcare management on legislative developments which may affect Safety, Health, and Welfare at Work.
- Establish appropriate structures and processes about risk reporting, incident management, and Health and Safety within the organization.
- Review policies/procedures/guidelines in consultation with relevant personnel and with due regard to prevailing legislation and make recommendations to the Director of Quality as considered necessary.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, and implementation of the Hazardous Program
- In conjunction with appropriate staff, assist in identifying potential clinical risk through risk assessment, analysis of incidents, and near miss incidents, periodic safety inspections, and/or audits. Make recommendations to reduce, prevent or eliminate risks identified.
- Maintain a risk assessment database and liaise with department heads concerning issues arising
- Create and foster working relationships with internal and external customers that facilitate accreditation/regulatory audits
- Plans, organizes, and implements various special projects related to risk management as assigned
- Responsible for submitting the FTCA application annually and manage all claims with the Director of Compliance & Risk as they arise
- Review and analyze clinical incidents, sentinel events, and risk outcomes to report to the Board & Quality Committees quarterly
- Promote awareness of Health & Safety in the workplace
- Collaborate with Operations, Facilities, and Training on the development and implementation of the Compliance & Risk Management Plan
- Collaborates with Training and Development Director to assure all staff have received appropriate training as it relates to safety and clinical risk management
- Other projects as requested by the Director of Compliance & Risk
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors preferred
- Certified Professional in Health Care Risk Management (CPHRM) preferred, or obtained within 2 years of hire date
- Certified Healthcare Compliance (CHC) certification preferred, or obtained within 4 years of hire date
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 28536