The Compensation Manager is responsible for managing the compensation function for all departments. The Compensation Manager plans, develops, and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies, and procedures to align with the Company's goals and competitive practices. This role will effectively partner with leadership to ensure the alignment of design initiatives with business goals and objectives across base compensation, variable pay, equity, and related analytics. This position is also responsible for ensuring that compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with internal policies and government regulations.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a related field or equivalent experience in a related field; Masters degree or equivalent experience in a related field, preferred
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Global Remuneration Professional (GRP), required
- Knowledge of laws and regulations as they apply to base compensation and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations
- Five (5) or more years of experience with data analysis, including work with complex data structures and queries
- Experience building, managing, and using Excel tools for compensation calculation, data analysis, and other related purposes
- Strong analytical focus, with strong quantitative and qualitative skills and familiarity with modeling tools and concepts
- Strong coaching, collaboration, presentation, and communication skills
- Manages the development, implementation, and administration compensation programs.
- Manages the annual compensation and merit increase process.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommends changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and company objectives.
- Leads the Companys pay equity analysis and collaborates with key strategic partners to support leadership in determining necessary actions as appropriate.
- Provides advice to Executive and Senior Leadership on pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations.
- Supports administration of CEO and C-suite compensation program.
- Designs creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs and incentive plans.
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing, and presenting data.
- Provides training on compensation practices when needed.
- Builds robust data models and analyses leading into the review planning cycles; develops and manages user-intuitive tools and resources available for the organization's use during compensation planning.
- Oversees the participation in salary surveys and monitors salary survey data to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations.
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience as an Advocate for Health Care or Human Rights
- Fluency in a language in addition to English (Spanish preferred)
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) preferred
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.