Community Health Supervisor
This position is responsible for the support of an efficient, profitable day-to-day operation of the Community Health Team and responds to the needs of patients, family members, community, as well as interal departments. The position directly or indirectly supervises the non-clinical and community health team members in Adelante Sites, the Medical Mobile Unit, and for any migrant-worker/external events. Coordinates activities with Community Health Manager and Nurse Supervisor for providers, other departments, and external partners to manage related systems and processes to provide quality services to patients in a safe and positive environment. Must be able to perform all functions of the role supervised Community Health Educator.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide ongoing feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes, and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution plus advanced training
- Clinical competency with a background as Medical Assistant, RMA(or equivalent) in good standing
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical methods and techniques used in record-keeping systems.
- Demonstrated ability in implementing the principles and practices of supervision.
- Advanced computer efficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and experience in Patient Management System
- Meet the organization immunization requirement
- Valid Arizona drivers license
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a clinical setting
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- Ability to solve problems using a logical, systematic approach
- Demonstrated management, leadership, diplomacy, and customer service skills
- Experience in applying continuous quality improvement techniques in the delivery of care to improve patient health outcomes
- Proven ability with productive and efficient time management; and fulfilling commitments
- Demonstrated understanding in the use of technology infrastructure (email, web-based tools, internet, etc.) and applications (Excel, Word, etc.) appropriate for the performance of his/her job
- Ability to help others increase their knowledge, skills, and abilities to enable them to perform at a higher level
- Ability to provide effective personnel performance management
- Demonstrated ability to promote teamwork within the work unit and across departmental/organizational lines
- Ability to help measure and report departmental cost performance
- Ability to accept and encourage change as positive; taking into account others concerns
- Experience with management information systems and electronic health records (EHR) software
- Ability to work effectively with staff, clients, associates, and the community
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Electronic Health Record Experience
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities of this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards but as general guidelines that should be considered and other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance for quality purposes and maintain appropriate documentation
- Maintain accurate time and attendance records
- Assure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local legislation, e.g., FMLA, Workers Compensation, ADA, etc.
- Recruit, interview, orient, train, and mentor staff
- Organize staffs daily work activities and schedules and cover if needed to meet staffing needs
- Identifies financial status of patients regarding fee scale, insurance, or discounts and efers to Eligibility as needed
- Conduct monthly staff meetings, including agendas and minutes
- Oversight of scheduling, billing, and scanning of records
- Monitor appointments and patient flow to improve daily productivity
- Ensure that patients and visitors are treated courteously by all staff
- Document and resolve patient complaints
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Anticipate the needs of staff and patients and proactively seek solutions or interventions
- Initiate coaching and work with manager for corrective action issues
- Helps to manage quality improvement and safety initiatives
- Support and implement organizational goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and systems
- Monitor and control Community Health expenditures, review and approve all orders and maintain supply inventory
- May assist with monitoring of procedures for attaining team productivity and financial standards and goals
- Assure daily deposits are made and completion of day sheet reconciliation when applicable
- Oversee and review patient receivables
- Ordering of supplies and minor equipment while maintaining budget
- Assist in preparing and approving budget; monitoring and allocating expenditures
- Monitor and assist with managing and adjusting the strategic plan related to budget, profitability, and production matrices
Administrative / Management
- Answer routine telephone inquiries concerning operation of the department.
- Maintains documentation of credentialing and competency for providers and staff
- Prepare reports and correspondence as required
- Coordinate the maintenance of a clean, neat, and functional facility/location that is fixed or mobile
- Coordinate inventory control, facilities management, and maintenance of equipment
- Oversight of or performs daily, monthly, and quarterly safety checks and drills and logs
- Oversee maintenance of appropriate logs.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction as reflected on patient satisfaction surveys and other measurement tools.
- Participate in maintaining Joint Commission and other regulatory compliance
- Recommend any new or revisions to policies and/or procedures
- Ongoing monitoring of data collection and reporting
- Assist with investigation and resolution of incident reports
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment that supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caringteam-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees must comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures, and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with help. The job's specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood-borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep the job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed satisfactorily by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.