Community Health Manager
The Community Health Manager is responsible for the development and monitoring of the Community Health Programs Department. This manager will collaborate with organizational leadership and other local organizations to implement processes and programs which align the community health staff to promote health equity for Adelante communities and beyond. The team this role manages additionally has a focus on evaluation and overcoming the social determinates of health (SDOH) at a community level.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in a Healthcare or related field and a minimum of five (5) years managing others in a clinical setting; or
- Registered Nurse with a current Arizona RN license, active and in good standing preferred, with a minimum of five (5) years managing clinical operations
- Minimum of five (5) plus years experience in management, and/or a combination of community health programs development and leadership roles
- Experience with performance improvement models (Rapid Continuous Improvement, Root Cause Analysis, Barrier Analysis, Process Mapping, Lean/Six Sigma, etc.)
- Experience in managed care with knowledge of HEDIS and STARS Quality Metrics preferred
- Proficiency in developing and presenting analytic reports both written and verbal, data collection, sampling, analysis, and presentation
- Competent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, includes Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality, privacy, and security of protected information
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Experience in servant leadership model; demonstrated ability to gain trust through effective communication, follow up/through, and leading by example
- Possess ability to effectively address and resolve issues within appropriate timeframes
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments requiring considerable exercise of independent judgement
- Ability to counsel/teach patients, and meet and deal effectively with clients, associates, and the general public
- Strong familiarity with human services agencies serving low-income and minority populations and understanding of and sensitivity to issues of concerns to low-income and minority communities
- Competency in dealing with people of various cultures and backgrounds
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- Valid AZ drivers license with auto insurance
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
- Responsible for monitoring and compliance with technical, regulatory, and clinical standards including but not limited to government inquires, licensing, accreditation, quality assessment, OSHA, Affirmative Action, ADA, etc.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates corporate onsite/offsite health events, including but not limited to:
- Onsite vaccination events
- Health screenings and health risk assessments
- Onsite health and fitness events
- Education events
- Wellness events
- Manages grant program and budget
- Analyzes programs during planning, implementation, and follow-up to verify quality
- Plans, implements, and monitors the daily Community Health team operations
- Initiates and supports process improvement activities that enhance the provision of Community Health clinical services, improve clinical outcomes, and increase patient satisfaction
- Establishes objectives and benchmarks to evaluate operational success for team managed and prepare reports to inform management team of status and progress towards goals
- Builds and supports effective relationships with and between all individuals including staff, physicians, the community, patients, families, volunteers, and colleagues to assure the delivery of safe, quality patient care
- Assists with/prepares department annual budget ensuring financial stewardship for the team
- Receives and understands direction on clinical processes and competencies from clinical operations leadership and disseminates updates and new protocols to staff
- Acts as initial point of escalation for any staff, provider, or patient concern
- Provides clear and consistent communication with employees
- Ensures clinical staff meetings and huddles are performed successfully
- Plans, proposes, and tracks budgets for program services and total quarterly expenditures, including allocating adequate resources to each program and staying within budgetary limits
- Prepares, modifies, and files reports and documentation as necessary, including summaries of activities and incidents, post-program overviews, recommendations for future services, and analysis of the overall program
- Represents Adelante at community outreach events or in presentations to other organizations as needed
- Responsible for completion of performance evaluations and administration of appropriate wage increases to be consistent with assigned deadlines and within budgeted allowances
- Initiate hiring process including staff assessment, justification of request for personnel, interviewing and selection following assigned guidelines
- Initiate appropriate disciplinary process utilizing established policies and procedures
- Schedule staff work hours; keep appropriate records of work hours/timecards and schedules
- Provide and/or authorize health center and department specific orientation and onboarding, to include continuing education/training by following established guidelines
- Assure all staff have completed appropriate training and competencies at required intervals
- Complete comprehensive mid-year reviews for department staff
- Provide coaching and support including but not limited to:
- Setting goals and expectations regarding performance and behavior
- Providing timely and proper reinforcement for improvement of performance and behavior
- Provide mentoring and skill development to support staff
- Demonstration of good listening skills and use of non-judgmental language in discussions with employees
- Portrayal of behaviors which support positive role model for staff
- Creates and sustains a culture based on trust, mutual respect, and common understanding of needs
- Works collaboratively with Community Health Programs team for data collection, health outcomes reporting, clinical audits, and programmatic evaluation
- Helps evaluate clinical care, utilization of resources, and development of new clinical tools, forms, and procedures
- Ensures clinical operational processes for mobile medical unit or screening services are in compliance and aligned to established workflows as appropriate
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.