Chief Technology Officer
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) establishes and directs the strategic long-term goals, policies and procedures for an Technology department. Determines an organization's long-term systems and network needs and any investment in infrastructure, hardware and software needed to accomplish the organization's objectives. The position is charged with overseeing data, security, maintenance and network for Adelante Healthcare including managing the overall technology. Provides technology vision and leadership with planning, development, and implementation for all technology strategies and ensure resources are aligned with Adelante’s business needs. Establishes and maintains relationships and collaborative partnerships to deliver effective technology operations. Responsible for the overall performance and integration of technology infrastructure and security, technology policies, staffing, training, evaluation, budgeting, and risk management.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Ensures integration with the enterprise’s strategic planning process, and the resulting business strategy and plans.
- Ensures Technology contributions are delivered with agility based on changing business objectives, goals and strategies.
- Collaborates with executive leadership and business partners to define and execute the digital business strategy.
- Participates in and contributes to the assessment of external digital opportunities and threats, and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning.
- Develops and controls annual operating and capital expenditure budget for technology to ensure the investments areconsistent with the Adelante’s overall strategic objectives
- Develops and maintains an technology workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills and competencies.
- Balances the need for growing the agility required to achieve digital business objectives, with ensuring the core technology functions are reliable, stable and efficient
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the technology leadership team and staff
- Ensure a nimble, flexible, responsive and customer-oriented technology model is in place across the region to ensure effective and efficient delivery of information services, support and technologies to both internal and external customers
- Perform ongoing evaluation to determine whether technology infrastructure meet the needs of the business, support its strategies, and are consistent with strategic direction and organizational goals and objectives
- Maintain current awareness of new technologies, practices, and trends
- Provide technical input and support for technology staff when necessary
- Establish and maintain corporate relationships with external entities
- Represent the organization as its information technology and innovation ambassador
- Provide strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, coordination, and implementation for technology systems and tools
- Oversee technology and communications systems projects, including voice, data, imaging, and office automation at the programmatic level
- Develop and enforce technology policies and procedures to ensure the protection of technology assets and the integrity, security, and privacy of electronic information including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, disposal, compliance, and service provisioning
- Oversee technologies that support end-users in their productive use of electronic hardware, software, and services at the programmatic level
- Responsible for system-wide lifecycle of technology assets
- Manage congruency and integration of system-wide technologies and ensure their alignment with business goals and strategic plans
- Evaluate technology systems performance and cost for corrective action
- Manage technology staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions
- Provide development, execution, and management of technology-related service, products, and labor contracts to ensure deliverables are met
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Health/Hospital Administration, Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, or related field with technology as a core emphasis
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience with increasing responsibilities for management and support of healthcare technology systems and/or technology. Direct management of a major Technology operation preferred
- Track record of success integrating diverse organizations and leading performance improvement efforts
- Demonstrated leadership skills in strategic planning and business and market development and operations
- Proven ability to oversee large projects/programs that require problem identification, data synthesis, creation of recommendations and implementation skills
- History of success building, managing, developing and retaining high functioning technology teams
- Demonstrated experience with technology infrastructure planning
- Demonstrated experience with project management and policy development
- Strong knowledge of technology network infrastructure requirements and components of local and wide area networks, communication protocols, data storage methods, data center design, and security
- Demonstrated experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis and workflow analysis
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, human resources, continuous improvement, marketing, finance, and operations principles, practices, and procedures
- Experience using software/systems development lifecycle methodologies
- Demonstrated experience leading technology staff of at least 3 FTE
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituents individually, in small groups, and in large venues
- Experience managing financial resources
- Experience with disaster and business continuity planning and execution
- Demonstrated ability to meet organizational goals and objectives
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to technology
- Strong knowledge of relevant technology industry standards and benchmarks
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to conduct and direct research on technology issues and products
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented/collaborative environment
- Demonstrated successful experience negotiating vendor relationships, contracts, and grants
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office products