Develops and maintains positive vendor relationships on behalf of Adelante to ensure ongoing availability of products, supplies, and materials by negotiating prices, terms and conditions to ensure supplies in accordance with established policies, standards, and accreditation and licensing requirements. The position will require communications with vendors and stakeholders to acquire quotations, confirmations, lead times and invoices. All items ordered and received are to be placed in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system ensuring prompt payment of invoices.
Every Adelante Healthcare employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) years of experience as a Buyer or a combination of experience and education.
- High school diploma/GED with five (5) years purchasing or materials management experience or an Associates degree with two (2) years purchasing experience.
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Office applications and comparable Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Demonstrated proficiency with generally accepted accounting procedures.
- Working knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements surrounding accounting, reporting, and other fundamentals required for the position.
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- Demonstrates excellence in customer service with ability to interact with and instruct colleagues from beginner to advanced levels.
- Prepares purchasing requisitions for supplies, services, and materials to ensure timely availability in support of operations in accordance with established policies and pricing constraints.
- Prepares requests for proposals/quotes and analyzes bid responses to ensure optimal terms and conditions at best price in accordance with established requirements and standards.
- Procures difficult and complicated purchases, including, but not limited to, major supplies, prime vendor agreements, locally negotiated agreements, and pooled purchase contracts. Contributes to cost savings through negotiations.
- Prepares a variety of managerial reports and analysis, including, but not limited to, budget information, supply utilization, replenishment levels, and capital expenditures to assist develop recommendations and strategies to minimize expenses.
- Track and monitor purchases, from initial order ensuring prompt delivery and invoice accuracy.
- Competency in working with people of various cultures.
- Evidence of valid Arizona drivers license and current auto insurance.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Prioritization and multi-task skills are required.
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience as an Advocate for Health Care or Human Rights
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant field of study
- Fluency in a language in addition to English (Spanish preferred)
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
Patience-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.