Behavioral Health Technician - Surprise
The Behavioral Health Technician works collaboratively with Behavioral Health Consultant Providers and the BH team to triage and educate patients that are identified during a visit on the medical side to have a behavioral health need. The Behavioral Health Technician is an entry-level position on the behavior team. The Behavioral Health Technician collaborates with the BHC to support the functions of the behavior health team as a whole.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- 1 year of experience working with State AHCCCS and Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA) clients preferred in addition to direct experience working in a professional, volunteer, or other relevant capacity with individuals with complex medical and/or behavioral health concerns
- All areas of study meet qualifications. The following majors are preferred: Social Work, Human Services, Psychology, Counseling, Sociology, Anthropology, Ethnic Studies, Public Policy, Public Health, or a related field.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of Arizona Department of Health Services and RBHA requirements
- Knowledge of current versions of DSM and ICD
- Ability to provide effective and respectful quality care and services that are responsive to diverse cultural beliefs and practices
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
- Valid Arizona drivers license
- Level 1Fingerprint clearance card issued by Arizona Department of Public Safety
- Participates as directed in the screening of new service requests within the health center ensuring that all individuals are adequately and appropriately served according to their individual needs and in accordance with existing policies and procedures
- Participates in regular interdisciplinary staff meetings
- Triage warm hand offs from Primary Care Providers.
- Provides on-going supportive and/or case management functions in accordance with the problems, needs and the strategies identified in order to assist the client to achieve optimal health goals.
- Provides face-to-face reviews with the client and/or relevant behavioral health staff on a regular basis.
- Assist supervisory staff with tracking of clients, including the generation of reports that will allow follow-through on quality of care
- Documents all service contacts on a timely basis including face-to-face interviews/virtual interviews, collateral and networking contacts, correspondence and maintains the case records in accordance with internal and regulatory standards requirements
- Maintains close communication with the consulting Primary Care Provider and the Behavioral Health team for input regarding medication compliance, side effects of medication, and medication changes and alerts behavioral health team of any changes in client adjustment which might suggest decompensation and a need for more aggressive intervention.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor which are consistent with the position and in compliance with Adelante Health Care policies and procedures
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with community resources and agencies; preferred
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment, which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.