Behavioral Health Support Staff Supervisor - West Phoenix
The Behavioral Health Support Staff Supervisor is a leadership role, responsible for the facilitation and education on the Behavioral Health support staff workflow while also acting as the liaison between both front-office and back-office staff. The Behavioral Health Support Staff Supervisor maintains close contact when it comes to the functionality of the support staff and has a thorough knowledge and understanding of the expectations outlined in a Behavioral Health Medical Assistant role. The Behavioral Health Support Staff Supervisor will maintain the highest level of professionalism and performance. This position has the responsibility of providing operational leadership within an assigned clinic(s), assuring operational, clinical, and service quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, budget achievement and growth. This individual works in collaboration with the BH Area Operations Manager to implement and oversee initiatives and strategies of the company.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member within Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Graduation from an approved medical assistant training program with three (3) or more years’ experience
- Certification as a Medical Assistant is a plus
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- Minimum one (1) year of supervisory or leadership experience in a medical office team and/or approved development plan
- Demonstrated ability in implementing the principles and practices of supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a high-stress and fast-moving environment
- Effective communication demonstrated by ability to read, interpret, comprehend and comply with written and verbal communication
- Proficient mathematical skills for use in a healthcare setting
- Ability to problem solve in situations both independently or with support from team and/or leadership
- Demonstrated computer efficiency to include Windows, MS Office and Patient Management System (electronic medical record)
- Must have reliable transportation that can meet any operational reassignments of the organization during the workday. If employee is driving during work hours, the employee is required to possess a valid driver’s license and must be in compliance with Arizona vehicle insurance requirements
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to communicate in more than one language is a plus (English/Spanish preferred)
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
- Prepares for the patient appointment by reviewing and updating patient records prior to patient arrival
- Oversees scheduling of BH support staff and arranging appropriate coverage as needed
- Completes timesheet for direct reports in a timely manner
- Interviews patients to obtain reasons for visit: chief complaint, and document in electronic medical record following MA workflow protocols for intake of patient
- Obtains and records the patients’ vital signs according to protocol for patients’ age
- Communicates with BH Area Operations Manager as situations arise which impact the day-to-day functionality of the BH support staff
- Prepares exam room and patient for the type of exam/procedure to be performed
- Maintains patient confidentiality following all HIPAA policies and procedures
- Documents accurately all patient information in electronic health record
- Communicates in a timely and professional manner with patients and other members of the care team at all times
- Understands and utilizes principles of universal protocols and National Patient Safety Goals
- Reviews patient plan and educates patient on discharge instructions
- Evaluates problems, situations or issues presented and understands priority while assisting with resolution using critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Builds and manages schedules in NextGen for assigned Behavioral Health Therapists
- Participates in orientation, mentoring, and training of staff
ADDITIONAL POSITION REPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL
- Serves as subject matter expert for all Behavioral Health Support Staff team members
- Participates in regulatory reviews, audits, and process improvement projects
- Participates with interviewing, selection, training, and performance appraisals
- Provides staffing for coverage needs as assigned
- Coordinates workflow and staff schedules to ensure coverage
- Completes communication circle with patients and other customers
- Participates in ordering of supplies and inventory management
- Participates in assigned committees or work group meetings and ensures attendance or designates another attendee to act as representative
- Initiates requests for maintenance of equipment and facilities as needed
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees will maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.