Behavioral Health Intake Specialist - Surprise
TheBehavioral Health Intake Specialist will serve as the primary person to provide client intakes for the Behavioral Health Program as well as the information contact for individuals inquiring about Behavioral Health program and services. The individual filing this position will ensure clients are responded to in a timely and professional manner as well as a through intake process that meets quality standards for licensing and insurance requirements.
Every Adelante Healthcare employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Social Service field; preferred
- Current Arizona Certification as an LCSW, LPC, LISAC or PsyD is preferred
- Associate/BHT level staff with intake training or two years’ experience will be considered.
- Associate/BHT level staff will require supervision and supervisor sign off on all intakes and assessments and will be required to followed that process.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with State AHCCCS and Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA) clients; preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of Arizona Department of Health Services and RBHA requirements
- Knowledge of current versions of DSM and ICD
- Knowledge of the cultural, social and economic background of the population being served
- Ability to work within a team setting including strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of HIPPA, client confidentiality and client rights, which are subject to State and Federal laws and the ability to explain such in terms the client is able to understand
- Ability to complete a Behavioral Health Assessment with appropriate clinical oversight
- Ability to provide effective and respectful quality care and services that are responsive to diverse cultural beliefs and practices
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment
- Provide intake of individuals who participate in the Behavioral Health Program utilizing all required forms and assuring quality of care
- Responsible for telephonic and initial, in-person intake assessment, referral and admission activities. Greets clients and visitors and assists with the check in process
- Ensure prompt response to client and referral needs
- Provide clinical screening and assures appropriateness of risk screening, crisis interventions and referrals to the appropriate level of care
- Maintain current documentation and records of intake services as well as statistical data and reports required by the program and supervisors.
- Participate in department staff meetings, supervision, and other staff meetings as requested
- Submit timely monthly reports of services, activities and other reports required by the supervisor and program director.
- Promote client care consistent with the philosophy and objectives of Adelante Healthcare
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with community resources and agencies preferred
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.