Behavioral Health Consultant (LCSW, LPC or PsyD) - Buckeye/Gila Bend
Position is responsible for the management of psychosocial aspects of chronic and acute diseases. The application of behavioral principles to address lifestyle and health risk issues. Emphasis is on prevention and self-help self-approaches, partnering with patients in a treatment approach that build resiliency and that builds and encourages personal responsibility for health. Provides consultation and co-management in the co-treatment of mental disorders and psychosocial issues. Working within a fully-integrated, multidisciplinary model within our primary care Health Centers. This position will float between or Buckeye and Gila Bend Health Centers.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree in the Behavioral Health field (Psychology, Social Work) with two (2) years of directly related experience is desired
- Computer literacy is required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
- Certification or certification eligibility as an LCSW Ed.D, Psy.D., or Ph.D. is required.
- Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical and mental health conditions.
- Ability to work through brief patient contacts as well as to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions.
- Should be comfortable with the pace of primary care, working with an interdisciplinary team, and have strong communication skills.
- Good knowledge of psycho-pharmacology
- Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of selected chronic conditions
- This position will float between our Buckeye and Gila Bend Health Centers
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish PREFERRED
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Provide behavioral health services to children and families as part of the continuum of care
- Provides quality clinical consultation to providers and staff in areas of individual, family, child and adolescent, regarding mental and behavioral health related issues
- Assessment and DSM-IV/ICD-9 diagnostics for patients referred by medical staff of Adelante Healthcare
- Provides brief, evidence based, solution focused behavioral interventions with active development of psychotherapeutic/psycho-educational Behavioral Change Planning
- Cultivates education, administration, and self-management skills for targeted populations with psychological issues impacting physical and/or behavioral health issues
- Promotes Adelante Practitioner’s knowledge of patient behavioral health issues and providers education to assist with enhancing primary care utilization of behavioral health interventions
- Promotes a smooth interface between care provided throughout the organization and the community’s specialized mental/behavioral health system
- Collaborates and co-manages the patient’s behavioral health care with consistent, expeditious feedback to referring practitioners
- Provides on-site availability for crisis triage and intervention
- Documents the clinical behavioral health aspect of patient interventions and tracks the patient referrals to specialty behavioral health care.
- Attends monthly department staffing and weekly supervision meetings.
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with Adelante Healthcare policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Observes organizational policies concerning unscheduled absences and reports unscheduled absences in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Complies with the organization Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable.
- Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted.
- Reports to work at the start of the shift 98% of the days scheduled. Follows the work rotation schedule. Explains and gives proper notification of absenteeism, as outlined in the facility Policies and Procedures. Attends a minimum of 98% of the staff meetings. Reads and signs off on all minutes of the meetings not attended. Participates in committees as assigned. Maintains 100% attendance at mandatory skill/departmental updates. Seeks out facility or external education/training that would further develop individual skills, experience or knowledge necessary for a high standard of functioning in his/her job.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and fellow employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Dresses according to the organization's dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as request or assigned
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 30835