Application Support Analyst
The Application Support Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day application support needs of our internal customers. Works collaboratively with business customers and other technology specialists to define and support business processes through information technology solutions, with a thorough knowledge of areas of focus and experience in both testing and creating testing plans.
Every Adelante Healthcare employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, clinical, or business discipline. Or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience, required
- Two (2) years of software or hardware experience including design, configuration, training or implementing applications required
- Healthcare operations background preferred
- Evidence of valid Arizona driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and perform in a responsible ethical manner
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- Work with cross functional teams and business customers to analyze, diagnose, and implement process changes. Documents requirements and translates those needs into business, functional and/or technical specifications
- Assist with implementation of new systems, enhances and/or upgrades existing systems, system optimization, new feature/function implementation
- Interview customers, gathers requirements, analyzes workflow impacts, provides education on system functionality, and configures new tools to increase end user productivity within the application
- Determine priorities and addresses urgent tasks with limited guidance.
- Demonstrate flexibility when priorities change. Monitors time and takes responsibility for completing assigned tasks and deliverables within the given deadlines under limited supervision
- Participate in testing and helps determine if the application functions as designed
- Maintain support documentation, service desk routing, and knowledgebase entries in an up-to-date and orderly manner. Completes support documentation for end user guidance per department standards
- Communicate application changes, enhancements, and procedures to all necessary teams
- Perform application support activities in accordance with defined procedures, ensuring system changes follow change management procedures and protocols with minimal guidance or supervision
- Receive, analyze, investigate, troubleshoot and resolve support tickets via phone calls, emails and ticketing system. Identifies and resolves issues independently. Partners with team members, based on issue complexity, to reach resolution when needed. Participates in Root Cause Analysis
- Provide troubleshooter on-call support (day/evening) on a rotational basis
- Participate in projects, assists in the development of technical task plans, schedules, and project tasks. Prepares and presents status reports for assigned work.
- May act as technical project lead for small projects, otherwise acts as the application subject matter expert (SME) when assigned to project teams
- Assist in issue resolution, tracks progress, and notifies project leadership when issues need to be escalated
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certifications relating to software applications, technology infrastructure and or clinical specializations are an advantage
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project or similar applications
- Experience with clinical or business workflow analysis for the development of electronic solutions with assigned application preferred
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
Patience-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.