Affiliated Practice Dental Hygienist
The Affiliated Practice Dental Hygienist performs professional dental care in the field of dental hygiene including all related clinical procedures. The dental hygienist will assist the doctor in promoting dental health by completing dental prophylaxis; providing oral cancer screening; radiographic studies; charting conditions of decay and disease; and performing procedures in compliance with the dental practices. Has broad responsibilities for clinical and community dental health education activities.The Affiliated Practice Dental Hygienist approaches their tasks in a team-based care fashion that supports patients and their families in self-management, self-efficacy, and behavior change. As an Affiliated Practice Dental Hygienist, employees must follow the standing orders developed as part of their employment and follow the rules and regulations to function as an Affiliated Practice Dental Hygienist.
Every Adelante Healthcare employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an ADA accredited school of dental hygiene
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Valid and active Arizona license to practice oral hygiene
- Must comply with requirements to obtain and maintain active Affiliated Practice Dental Hygienist relationship, including: must be actively engaged in dental hygiene practice for at least five-hundred (500) hours in each of the two (2) years immediately preceding the affiliated practice relationship; must complete an additional twelve (12) hours of continuing education related to the initial credentialing of the practice agreement; must establish an Affiliated Practice Relationship with an Affiliated Dentist within Adelante Healthcare
- Demonstrated understanding of dental procedures and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills required
- Ability to perform assignments requiring considerable exercise of independent judgement
- Proficiency in use of computers and various applications such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfort in engaging with people of various cultures and backgrounds
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations) or ACLS
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- Valid and active Arizona Driver License or other valid government issued identification
- Responsible for personal compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and health center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of dental hygiene and the clinical provision of dental hygiene services as well as those related but not limited to, personnel issues, workplace safety, public health, and confidentiality
- Ability to work in compliance with the Adelante Healthcare Integrated Care Model, which includes working in a pediatric setting, screening infants, toddlers, and children
- Provide clinical oral hygiene services including dental prophylaxis, scaling, sealant application and fluoride application consistent with accepted professional practices and standards and in compliance with applicable state law and the center’s clinical protocols
- Obtain baseline oral hygiene assessment data based upon accepted principles of oral hygiene and periodontal care. Assist in the oral health management of all clinic patients
- Perform independent procedures as delegated and directed by a dentist in accordance with state regulations and law as well as Dental Department protocol and directives
- Record patient-hygienist transactions in the patient’s dental record as they occur to assure the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient, and the care or treatment provided
- Provide oral health education and appropriate individual counseling for all center dental patients. Organize and perform preventive oral health presentations at on-site and off-site locations
- Provide technical assistance and health education in the community as requested
- Integrate appropriate patient dental hygiene care with other health care professionals involved in the patient’s health care management
- Assist in the maintenance of all Dental Department areas in compliance with Dental Department directive and policies as well as center policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control and safety issues
- Ensure the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially contaminated materials in accordance with Dental Department directive and center policy as well as state and federal regulations, and ensure compliance with the Health Center’s Exposure Control Plan
- Assist with various clinical and administrative functions of the health center as appropriate
- Ability to travel between health center sites when necessary to meet operational needs
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Three (3) years or more of experience in community health
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
Patience-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.