The Administrative Assistant is instrumental in providing strong, organized administrative support, solely and as a team, ensuring the smooth operation of the center support office. This will be accomplished by working primarily with the Senior Leadership Team. Oversee administrative support practices to create new systems or revise established procedures that will foster a collaborative approach. Develop new processes or procedures relevant to the support needs of the center support office. Adelante Healthcare is a rapidly growing company, the Administrative Assistant offers a wide range of responsibilities with a unique opportunity to be an important contributor to the success of the company.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree preferred
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Min. of 2+ years of full-time work experience, highlighting both administrative and analytical skill sets in Executive Assistant function
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and problem solving skills.
- Initiative, a proactive approach, strong collaboration, flexibility, and problem solving
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) years of experience in community health
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Manage the daily activities of an administrative support staff
- Assign workloads, manage overtime, and coordinate back up support for our leadership team, board of directors and partners
- Provide learning and development opportunities to help enhance skills and promote career growth of support staff by conduct performance feedback sessions and team meetings
- Implement administrative support initiatives
- Manage scheduling of internal and external meetings, setting up conference/video calls, and managing internal resources (conference rooms, etc.)
- Support making travel arrangements (domestic & international) of ELT and other team members, as assigned
- Develop and maintain an organized infrastructure
- Organize all staff toward Adelante strategic goals
General Administrative Support:
- Prepares and reviews materials and correspondence for meetings; ensures Senior leaders are prepared
- Research and compile background material for meetings; develop agendas, take minutes and schedules.
- Assist with creation/modification of presentations, spreadsheets, and other various documents
- Coordinate catering for on- and offsite meetings and events
- Ensure proper operation of office equipment
- Perform special projects on request
- Assist in administrative needs for the Board of Directors
- Prepares correspondence for the Board and maintains files for all relevant documents
- Assist in preparation of board meetings, maintenance of board packets, and all board correspondence
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all information
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties as assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.