Accounting Manager - CSO
Primarily responsible for supervising assigned finance staff, preparation of month end close, GL posting, day to day finance operations, audits, reporting and research. Will perform assignments, which can vary from routine to exceptional in nature and are carried out with minimal guidance in accordance with clinic office practices, procedures and precedents. Works under the general supervision of the Finance Director.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Greater than five (5) years’ experience in general ledger accounting.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service with the ability to interact with internal and external customers
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Office applications and MAS500 or comparable accounting software
- Demonstrated proficiency with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as ability to work as team
- Prioritization, problem solving, and multi-task skills are required.
- Must speak fluent English
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant field of study
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Manage and oversee day to day finance department operations under direct supervisor of the Finance Director
- Supervise assigned finance staff including training, monitoring attendance, job performance reviews, goals and disciplinary action
- Coordinate month end close responsibilities within finance team
- Review and approve staff journal entries
- Ensure all journal entries are posted prior to deadlines
- Accurately reconcile assigned general ledger accounts
- Analysis of monthly financials statements prior to finalizing month end close
- Ensuring assigned reporting is accurate and submitted prior to deadlines
- Manage and oversee all financial responsibilities for grants
- Ensure assigned financial electronic files are up to date
- Prepare financial statements and analysis as needed
- Back up for Payroll Manager
- Prepare and present New Hire Orientation (NEO) presentations
- Maintain finance ERP, chart of accounts and users
- Assist with annual budget preparations
- Prepare accurate information necessary to produce various management reports
- Assist with the preparation of the annual audit and work directly with auditors as needed
- Work directly with operations team to resolve discrepancies and questions regarding financial performance
- Works closely with Revenue Cycle/Billing Director and staff to ensure accurate revenue reporting and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Stay up to date and communicate accounting changes including GAAP and Federal requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.