Womens Health Program Coordinator
This position responsible for enrolling and assisting all Well Woman Health Check Program (WWHP) eligible patients. The Well Woman Healthcheck program helps low-income, uninsured, and underinsured women gain access to breast and cervical cancer screenings as well as other diagnostic needs at no cost. The Womens Health Program Advocate will be responsible for patient eligibility, pre-enrollment assessments, referrals, advocacy, patient education; as well as monitoring, planning and coordination of all program covered services. This position will help with the care coordination and navigation of eligible uninsured and underinsured patients through the WWHP and related initiatives and help provide support to patients. In addition they will engage patients and establish self-management goals to improve patients health, overcome barriers to care, and achieve value-based incentives by closing gaps. This position will be under the supervision of the Clinical Outcomes Manager and supported by the Clinical Outcomes Lead.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical methods and techniques used in record keeping systems.
- Demonstrates continuous attention to detail
- Effective communication demonstrated by ability to read, interpret, comprehend and comply with written and verbal communication
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, and the community members public both in person and over the phone
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional customer service, communication skills, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Previous call center experience strongly preferred
- Strong computer efficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and experience in Electronic Healthcare Records (EMR)
- Works independently to meet deliverables and performs a variety of assignments requiring independent judgment.
- Provides and accepts support in a collaborative manner
- Meet the organization immunization requirement
- 2 or more years experience in a clinical setting
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is required for this position.
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of billing and coding
- Graduation from an accredited medical assistant program preferred
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Coordinates continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities referrals to outside specialties
- Completes all necessary applications and/or paperwork needed for reimbursement submission
- Supports with tasks assigned to Health Advocates to complete outreach efforts for well visits, high-risk patients, hospital discharge and admissions and/or other populations as needed.
- Maintains effective communication with office staff and providers in all the health centers to ensure that WWHP paperwork, such as applications and visits are complete and ready for reimbursement submission.
- Facilitates patient care based upon standing orders and protocols.
- Will support team when there is a high volume of incoming calls by attending patients.
- Completes community outreach to target populations through telephonic means by using internal reports and incoming patient inquiries.
- Ensure patient needs and requests are handled efficiently by performing telephonic patient scheduling of patient initial and follow up appointments; as well as monitors and obtains results from outside specialties and labs.
- Performs large amounts of data entry with accuracy and within specific timeframes.
- Resolves billing issues with healthcare providers.
- Maintain schedule accuracy for maximum patient flow
- Maintains good attendance, is punctual and works full scheduled shift
- This role will work closely with Clinical Outcomes Manager to comply with the requirements of the WWHP grant and organize and maintain all organizational records as needed.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.