Windows System Engineer
Primary responsibility for the installation, maintenance, upgrades, systems administration, scripting, monitoring, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows server-based enterprise applications and services including, but not limited to clinical, dental, financial, printer, and communications.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Maintain security and integrity of Windows server applications, and systems
- Analyze changes in software and operating systems issued by manufacturer, author, or vendor and determine impact on existing production systems, systems design, programming standards, and operating procedures
- Create, administer, and optimize virtual machine instances
- May support/administer specialized server applications
- Administer high-availability, fault tolerant, and redundant services
- Develop, implement, and administer distributed storage network
- Recommend new systems software, applications, and hardware to management
- Review vendor reports or visit vendors to observe demonstration of systems software, operating systems, and applications
- Coordinate the processing of testing procedures for new and modified applications and operating systems
- Review productivity reports and problem records to evaluate performance of computer system
- Performing systems monitoring, log analysis, security, specialized backups, and disaster recovery
- Develop and administer user/systems rights schemas, quotas, and restrictions.
- Ensure safeguards to eliminate viruses, Trojans, worms, malware, and intrusions.
- Assure that the physical inventory of all software and licenses is correct and current
- Maintain current knowledge in new and existing systems software to ensure productivity, capability, and return on investment
- Respond to the most complex application issues for staff. Identify problems and coordinate appropriate corrective action
- Analyze complex business needs presented by user community and/or clients and recommend technical solutions
- Ensure consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions
- Direct operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Creates server application-side shell scripts and schedules for systems automation
- Review all designs, codes, and unit test plans where applicable
- Participate with software evaluations
- Participate on project teams and committees
- Produce specialized reports/data
- May be required to analyze data and reports for anomalies or indicators
- Represent the IT function at review meetings as requested
- Participate in programs regarding technical support issues, product offerings, etc.
- Maintain and update disaster recovery procedures documentation to ensure retrieval on all data and system software
- Produce detailed time line for each application installation and implement effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software installation and reporting the status to management
- Provide cross-training with peers
- Review and make recommendations for IT policies and procedures to management
- Work on special projects to improve operating efficiency of technical/applications support
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Perform duties during weekends, holidays, late or early shifts as needed
- Perform job duties remotely (telework) as needed/assigned
- Utilize cell phone for business communications
- Available 24/7/365 for emergencies
- Drive to multiple company locations to perform duties
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or related field AND one (1) years experience providing information technology services; OR, Five (5) years experience providing information technology services; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery of tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to six months of experience.
- Experience administering current Microsoft Windows servers
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate certification (MCSA)
- Script programming experience using one or more of the following- VBscript, PowerShell.
- Experience in troubleshooting PC server hardware and auxiliary systems
- Experience administering Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience administering Microsoft IIS
- Experience in OS security methods and firewalling
- Experience administering Microsoft Exchange Server
- Experience administering Microsoft Terminal/Remote Data Services
- Experience administering file, print, fax, and directory services
- Experience with Microsoft server clustering and high-availability
- Experience administering virtual environments for Windows Servers- HyperV or VSphere
- Experience with SAN technologies including but not limited to iSCSI, FCoE, ATAoE, Fibre Channel, LVM and DRBD
- Demonstrated experience inter-networking systems for a multi-site environment
- Familiarity with MS Windows Server structure and commands
- Experience with change management procedures
- Demonstrated experience in documenting systems, services, and topology using text and diagrams
- Demonstrated excellence providing customer service and communication both written and in-person
- Evidence of valid Arizona driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and perform in a responsible ethical manner
- Commitment to Adelante Healthcare mission, vision, and values
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project