Primarily responsible for planning, developing, and/or facilitating staff training through various methods including but not limited state e-learning courses, blended learning approach and in-services training to ensure staff have skills in providing participant centered nutrition education. Leads and coordinates new employee training plan and provides continual quality improvement through observation and chart reviews. Staff will be trained in standards performed within scope of their role including software application, customer service, nutrition, and breastfeeding skills. The trainer will also be responsible for assessing skills and delivering training and recommendations for ongoing training if warranted as well as communication of these recommendations to the respective manager.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- Bachelor's Degree is Nutrition required
- Must possess a valid Arizona Drivers License
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 2 years of job-related experience including direct WIC-services
- Knowledge of breastfeeding and lactation recommended
Knowledge of adult learning and theory preferred
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
The WIC Trainer designs and delivers nutrition, client services, language of care, and breastfeeding training program in a variety of settings, including but not limited to WIC clinics, hands-on and computer based training.
- Coordinates new employee training plan including:
- Completing all documents and agreement of declaration
- Mentoring or assigning mentors of the new employees through completion of new employee training plan
- Ensuring new employees observations and chart reviews are completed according to state policy
- Ensuring competency of staff prior to filing certification paperwork with State office, per state policy
- Provides technical assistance and consultation to Adelante WIC staff on staff training topics
- Completes PCS Champions LMS course and ensures any other training designees have also completed course
- Attends state required trainings and/ or designated state meetings
- Acts as a role model to staff
- Executes the development, implementation and revisions of customer service training and education initiatives
- Assesses trainee performance and gives appropriate feedback and recommendations to department Supervisors or Site leaders; provide continual communication associated with quality performance
- Notify respective management of any persistent problems associated with individual performance or procedures that require enhancement
- Facilitates external resources as needed to develop and/or deliver new learning and skills development
- Works with management team to design performance reports that can lead to actionable improvements in department and staff performance
- Monitors and evaluates the quality and effectiveness of training, assessment and outcomes of courses delivered
- Using results of evaluations and observations, recommend either additional training for staff or modification of procedures to increase efficiency, effectiveness or standardization
- Assist with competency development and evaluation tool creation
- Assist in policy and procedure development and revision to role
- Raise awareness when quality standards fall below target level, provide detailed analyses of the root causes and suggest options for corrective actions
- Maintain knowledge base and current awareness on clinical applications and relevant policies
- Understand workflow and WIC processes that computing applications are intended to assist/ facilitate
- Travel to all Adelante locations
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
Job-related Information Check a Response
Safety Sensitive Position
Yes or No
Merit Increase Eligible
Yes or No
Yes or No
Yes or No
Level One Fingerprint Clearance Required
Yes or No
Annual Fitness for Duty Required
Yes or No
Fit Test Required
Yes or No
Yes or No
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.