WIC Retention Specialist
The WIC Retention Specialist is responsible for increasing and maintaining participation in the WIC Program. Utilize internal and external reports to retain eligible participants that are enrolled but not participating in the program. Scheduling, enrolling, and providing continuing education to eligible participants that are enrolled and not actively participating in the WIC program.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Knowledge and experience in working with people of various cultures and social status
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Valid AZ drivers license and current insurance
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Prepare and/or reproduce reports, forms, correspondence, and other material as generated by leadership.
- Documents retention activities on a timely manner, uses data to help with internal process and tracking of customer participation.
- Manages basic customer service complaints referred by ADHS WIC Office
- Conduct health appraisals and nutritional assessment accurately, including
dietary assessment and medical history, and record appropriately in the web-based HANDS software program
- Utilize critical thinking skills to determine specific nutrition counseling,
lactation management and/or complications, and monitor progress. Refer
high risk clients to registered dietitian
- Complete required documentation to support eligibility or ineligibility for
Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children
- Issue appropriate benefits and complete issuance, with all required
documentation and signatures
- Provide and documents appropriate education and counseling
- Explains the WIC program, the eligible population, income qualifications, and services provided such as referrals to Adelante Healthcare, nutrition education, community resources, nutritious foods, and breastfeeding
- Travel to multiple WIC locations as requested or assigned
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 46432