WIC Registered Dietitian Float
Primarily responsible for promotion, training and nutrition education for clients enrolled in the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) and any other nutrition related programs. Will also act as a referral resource to appropriate Organization services and resources. Coordinates activities with stakeholders.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Four (4) year college degree in Dietetics or nutrition related degree and preferred two (2) years’ experience in community or clinical nutrition education programs or completion of dietetic internship with RD/RDN credentials
- Must hold credentials as a Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Documented excellence in customer service with ability to interact with and instruct employees and clients from beginner to advanced levels
- Demonstrated competency in nutrition education methods and techniques
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Office applications and relevant program-related applications
- Competency in working with people of various cultures
- Evidence of valid Arizona driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Prioritization and multi-task skills are required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred
- Correctly collect specimens, perform testing, and processes as indicated.
- Travel to multiple locations required
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Provide nutrition education, breastfeeding services and health promotion to clients and others from the different grants/programs as well as preventive strategies to employees
- Develop educational guidelines for nutrition, breastfeeding and preventive health promotion services according to the local standard care plan
- Educate staff on nutrition education guidelines
- Certify participants according to program guidelines
- Assist the Nutrition Services Program Manager as requested, complete appropriate reports as required
- Other duties as may be required or assigned
- Plans, implements, and participates in community outreach activities
- Attends meetings, trainings, and conferences as requested
- Conducts quality assurance according to federal guidelines
- Follow up all high risk participant by reviewing reports and signing off within 30 days
- Serves on call for formula prescription
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.