WIC Program Regional Supervisor - Surprise
Primarily responsible for the management of regional operations, outreach, and quality assurance. Leads and facilitates collaboration between Site Leaders, Clinical Site Supervisors, and Registered Dieticians to achieve Organizations goals and program objectives. Coordinates activities with stakeholders.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Four (4) year college degree in Nutrition or Education preferred AND three (3) years experience in clinical or community nutrition program support, including greater than two (2) years experience in staff supervision
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- Documented excellence in customer service with ability to interact with and instruct employees and clients from beginner to advanced levels
- Demonstrated competency in nutrition education methods and techniques
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Office applications and relevant program-related applications
- Competency in working with people of various cultures
- Evidence of valid Arizona drivers license and current auto insurance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Prioritization and multi-task skills are required
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience as an Advocate for Health Care or Human Rights
- Masters degree in Nutrition, Education, or other relevant field of study
- Registration as a Dietician with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Fluency in a language in addition to English (Spanish preferred)
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Maintain efficient client flow
- Maintain compliance with internal procedures
- Provide orientation and training for all staff. Provide staffing for vacant positions as needed. When no other coverage is available, provide personal coverage
- Assign work tasks, assure coverage for breaks, meals, meeting, absences, and coordinate vacation scheduling
- Ensure that quality control monitoring complies with regulatory agencies
- Participate in quality assurance and integrity, monitoring, and performance improvement, including, but not limited to, assisting with the development of WIC procedures and policies
- Outreach- establish and develop relationships with local businesses, apartment complexes, churches, resource centers, service clubs, nonprofits, etc. in the assigned communities.
- Attend community events, classes and presentations as needed to engage
with the target population to build trust and encourage engagement with the community.
- Travel required to maintain quality assurance and meet with managers
- Correctly collect specimens, perform testing, and processes as indicated.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.